PDA

View Full Version : Lineage II Feedback

Clay
05-10-04, 11:13 AM
I see a few Lineage prank, beta, etc threads but no actual feedback thread. I see that my local EB has it now and am wondering if it is worth picking up. I really enjoyed Morrowind and also like the Baulder's Gate series of games...

So, what do you guys that have played Lineage II think about it?

ChrisRay
05-10-04, 05:16 PM
Personally despite the pretty female butts and upskirts, I thought the game was pretty tame. Maybe EQ and AO have hindered my expectitations of all MMORPG.

Personally if I were you I'd wait for WOW and EQ 2.. they look very promising.

nrdstrm
05-10-04, 06:31 PM
Yes,
I agree with Chris. The graphics are decent (not anywhere near eq2) but the game play is an eq rehash, only worse. You pretty much HAVE to group after level 10 if you want quest items and such. Farming gold is tiring and boring. But you have to farm gold because everything is unreasonably expensive. I never got past level 12 (I quit about a week before retail)....
Nrdstrm

demonized
05-10-04, 07:03 PM
played the open beta. got really bored cause there wasnt enough loot. when you kill mobs its either gold or nothing. A good weapon that you could buy from npcs cost about 62k. a mob usually drops around 90-120 gold, so it took me a few days to buy a decent sword.

WarGhSt
05-10-04, 08:53 PM
The game is more of a Level grind than any other that I've played... Only one that I could think of that may be worse is FFXI *never played it*

Took me a long time to get a level 24 monk before the open beta was through. PvP was fun but there wasn't enough of a "real" pvp situation at lower levels. The only real PvP encounter you'd find was the occassional(sp?) level 10 guy that has turned his name red by killing people who wouldn't attack back.

But, if you are into mindless mob killing, and having to wait to get people to attack you before you can kill them *kinda rare, or so it seemed, but when it actually happened it was a blast* I'd say you should give the game a try.

I however, will be waiting for WoW or EQ2 before I subscribe to another MMoRPG!

-=DVS=-
05-10-04, 09:27 PM
Lineage 2

Good news
Free half nude elf/human/dwarf females :drooling:

Other then that graphics are pretty , but you do have to farm...cash to buy anything and kill mobs to lvl up not many quests... same as with any other online rpgs i guess , except less annoying then EQ were you gotta run back to get your corpse.. or DAOC were you need specific lvl to use items , here you can use higher lvl item if you can afford it or twink the heck out of your noob :D offcourse some limitations applay with uber weaponry.. its very new game some stuff is missing untill free big patch update Chronicle 1 right now its Prelude version.....

Final thoughs nothing special fun at start might get boreing later on...... got low lvl clan with few friends so its kinda fun at times.

Now very bad news
Latests problem is Asian farmers with all Elfs high lvls camping pretty muthc everywhere with lame names 2456546 or hjsdhja random letters :screwy: they got lotsa bots also , sometimes even kill you if you get in they way , slowly destroying game :retard: few cheaters were observed also invisible killers or warping from mob to mob and killing If devs or GMs woun't do anything its gonna fail..... :barf:

Clay
05-10-04, 09:31 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. :thumbsup:

ChrisRay
05-11-04, 06:35 AM
Lineage 2

Good news
Free half nude elf/human/dwarf females :drooling:

Other then that graphics are pretty , but you do have to farm...cash to buy anything and kill mobs to lvl up not many quests... same as with any other online rpgs i guess , except less annoying then EQ were you gotta run back to get your corpse.. or DAOC were you need specific lvl to use items , here you can use higher lvl item if you can afford it or twink the heck out of your noob :D offcourse some limitations applay with uber weaponry.. its very new game some stuff is missing untill free big patch update Chronicle 1 right now its Prelude version.....

Final thoughs nothing special fun at start might get boreing later on...... got low lvl clan with few friends so its kinda fun at times.

Now very bad news
Latests problem is Asian farmers with all Elfs high lvls camping pretty muthc everywhere with lame names 2456546 or hjsdhja random letters :screwy: they got lotsa bots also , sometimes even kill you if you get in they way , slowly destroying game :retard: few cheaters were observed also invisible killers or warping from mob to mob and killing If devs or GMs woun't do anything its gonna fail..... :barf:

So the final Version never fixed the or added a real name filter?

god I hated Lineage 2's naming policy...

PaiN
05-12-04, 08:29 AM
Thanks for the thread.....I'm not much into MMORPGs, but I've beed thinking about giving one a try.....I guess Lineage II isn't the one. :drooling: