Get them here

For Windows XP
http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_udp_winxp_4.24

For Win9X
http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_udp_win9x_4.20

Feedbacks welcome! :D

Nutty
05-10-04, 01:55 PM
Nice. I was already using that audio driver anyway. I'll install these later and see whats happening.

Lyme
05-10-04, 04:31 PM
Just installed,
First install rebooted my computer 2/3rds the way though, second install went flawlessly. Everything seems to work fine so far.

Asus a7n266-vm.

[SmD]Frylock
05-10-04, 09:41 PM
ok. installed these things for awile.

The audio control panel, although it adds some more features to the mix such as night mode, which reduces bass so you dont wake up the house, brings very little else to the table. To me it seems like it removes some features. especially some of the environment adjustments and presets.

Audio wise, it depends on what you use it for. winamp sounds better with these drivers it seems. on CS using eax, it seems that all the sounds are screwed up. you hear sound out of the rear speakers, such as players voicecomms, but nothing else. So I wouldn't recommend it for games using EAX at least.

IDE is the same as before. I'd avoid it unless you need it or used it before and it worked fine for you.

Other Drivers seem to be ok so far.

Shaitan
05-11-04, 12:25 AM
So far I really like these drivers. All of em.

Nutty
05-11-04, 03:31 AM
On the previous drivers I used to get distortion on on very bassy stuff, which the newer drivers seemed to fix for me. I haven't got any problems running in analogue Stereo mode with EAX turned on in games.

Smokey
05-11-04, 05:59 AM
Looks like I'll be sticking with the Windows IDE drivers :p

zoomy942
05-11-04, 09:23 AM
i will install them when i get home tonight

[SMD] Fry!! great avatar!! that show is great!

saturnotaku
05-11-04, 09:37 AM
Can we just install these on top of the previous version? I've never had good luck trying to uninstall nForce drivers.

jnd3
05-11-04, 09:41 AM
Works great, less filling. One interesting observation was that the installation program for these drivers didn't seem to like the fact that I'd uninstalled the display drivers ... it seemed like it was running at least 800x600 on my 640x480 standard VGA display. Good thing the highlight was on the "Next" and "OK" buttons all the time!

[Edit: I did install these over the previous driver version ... 3.13 with the updated audio and IDE drivers ... the only thing I uninstalled was the display drivers, but I'm thinking I didn't even need to do that.]

The old SoundStorm control panel still works as well (for those who don't like the NV Mixer) ... I created a shortcut to sstorm.exe for the "create center channel" check box and the speaker test feature.

And I don't know if it was the new nForce drivers or what, but now the fan's kicking in on the FX5800U at odd times during standard Windows usage. Annoying.

Cheers,
JND

skipparoo
05-11-04, 10:46 AM
Looks like I'll be sticking with the Windows IDE drivers :p

Why? What were some of the problems with the latest 4.12 IDE drivers??

Cheers,
Skippy

saturnotaku
05-11-04, 10:52 AM
I have no issues at all with the included IDE drivers. Performance seems to be pretty good, and not a hint of data corruption at all.

Richteralan
05-11-04, 11:54 AM
IDE drivers not improved since last beta(4.12). Although I have no issues with this IDE driver except Nero info tool doesn't work and other ASPI problems.
quite disappointing.

P.S. rolled back to MS IDE Driver.

jnd3
05-11-04, 12:09 PM
I actually had to remove the ASPI drivers to get most things to work with the latest IDE drivers. iTunes worked without a hitch, but Roxio Easy CD Creater and VCDEasy just wouldn't work with ASPI layers installed. But now that I've done that everything works great.

Cheers,
JND

cseader
05-11-04, 12:48 PM
I love that nvidia is always on top of fixes and such for drivers, but i have had a tough time with nforce drivers on my nforce 3 system. i am running an ak89 max motherboard from Aopen and a Athlon 64 3200+ processor.

Whenever i install the drivers after unistalling the display drivers from nvidia for my Geforce 4 TI 4400, i reboot after the install and my system only boots 2/3 rd's of the way. What is the deal here? no matter what nforce drivers i try this happens. Very lame. I hate it. I love my system exept for this fact of the nforce drivers not working very well with my system.

If anyone has any hints or tips on this i would appreciate it.
I load the drivers with useing everything in it. So maybe my system is incompatible with some of the drivers like the IDE or something.

-Cameron

zoomy942
05-11-04, 01:24 PM
I love that nvidia is always on top of fixes and such for drivers, but i have had a tough time with nforce drivers on my nforce 3 system. i am running an ak89 max motherboard from Aopen and a Athlon 64 3200+ processor.

Whenever i install the drivers after unistalling the display drivers from nvidia for my Geforce 4 TI 4400, i reboot after the install and my system only boots 2/3 rd's of the way. What is the deal here? no matter what nforce drivers i try this happens. Very lame. I hate it. I love my system exept for this fact of the nforce drivers not working very well with my system.

If anyone has any hints or tips on this i would appreciate it.
I load the drivers with useing everything in it. So maybe my system is incompatible with some of the drivers like the IDE or something.

-Cameron

hey there cseader, hows boise? i'm out here at the base. anyway, with the nforce, be sure in the bios that you turn off anything you dont use. dont just disable it in the device manager. anything the nforce drivers dont detect, they will skip

Richteralan
05-11-04, 02:21 PM
I actually had to remove the ASPI drivers to get most things to work with the latest IDE drivers. iTunes worked without a hitch, but Roxio Easy CD Creater and VCDEasy just wouldn't work with ASPI layers installed. But now that I've done that everything works great.

Cheers,
JND

hm......maybe I should try that.

P.S. SW IDE driver will make me have a longer booting time. Maybe it's only the first time?

Richteralan
05-11-04, 09:49 PM
By removing the system ASPI layer, things seems work ok.

cseader
05-11-04, 10:52 PM
I have disabled everything in the BIOS that i do not use, and i still have the problems with the nforce driver

After i install the drivers and reboot, windows xp will start to boot, so i get the splash screen, but when it loads into my profile the screen goes blank and then nothing, my monitor acts as if there is no signal going to it, because it goes into the powersave mode and my system just sits there like that. so i get booted up 2/3 rd's of the way. i have checked the bios over and over again. not sure quite yet what is causeing this. I'm sure i will discover it sometime.
-Cameron

saturnotaku
05-11-04, 11:03 PM
By removing the system ASPI layer, things seems work ok.

How did you do that?

Richteralan
05-14-04, 12:53 PM
How did you do that?

I use ForceASPI.
It has kill aspi function.

zompel
05-14-04, 01:56 PM
Does anybody knows if nVidia will release an international version of the nForce driver 4.24?
..and if so, how long will it take?

Pafet
05-14-04, 06:16 PM
I just got an Abit NF7 (had a via 266a board) cause I had compatability problems with my GF4, so Im new to this...
Im currently using Abit drivers. is it worth the trouble? the nVidia drivers that is
and get this - I switched the motherboard and didnt have time for a fresh install of everything so I gave it a shot and let windoes load...... :retard:

win98 - detected new hardware and installed default everything.
winXP - blue "youre ****ed" screen.

so I repaired-install the winXP through win98 and now its all fine :D
will format when I have the time

Pafet
05-15-04, 05:10 AM
OK I've installed only the audio driver for the NVmixer. It rocks!

BTW whats all the bad IDE driver talk?

Richteralan
05-15-04, 09:54 PM
The IDE driver works great once I removed system ASPI layer.