PDA

View Full Version : HL2 preview at Gamespot

photophreak314
05-10-04, 06:52 PM
Thoughts and Impressions?

Eidt: Crap, wrong forum, admin, please move.

Riptide
05-10-04, 07:13 PM
The game looks pretty good but I'm with the author: to early to really say much. I agree that it faces some pretty good competition and if it had come out on time it would've been much more smashing. They kinda face an uphill battle in some ways.

randsom
05-10-04, 07:19 PM
WHO CARES

The whole half life 2 fiasco, is, well, just ridiculous, lying about ship dates(Any body who thinks hl2 was delayed because the code was leaked, is just a Idiot).Deliberate misinformation,showing absolutly zero respect for your customers, and very questionable business practices, I wonder what A.T.I really thinks of valve right now.

Really kinda makes you appreciate companies like I.D Software who has never given a release date for Doom 3, or even 3dRealms,in a sick twisted kind of way, DNF has the longest record for development time, but still is when its done(wid) not a minute before.Yes its frustrating waiting for these games, but at least I.D and 3DRealms have stuck to there guns, and deserve some credit for that.

Vavles business practices are deplorable, and very underhanded, i for one will not support a compay who does business like this.

Valves attitude seems to say, we dont give a ****, were Valve, and youll still buy Half Life 2, because its Half Life 2 no matter what we have done in the past, and will do in the future, and alot of us gamers will.Theres a small percentage who wont, ill be in the small percetage.

photophreak314
05-10-04, 07:45 PM
Those new screenshots look OK, but not as Impressive as they did originally 12+ months ago, before anyone had even heard of half of the new next-gen games.

I'm personally waiting for STALKER :drooling: and Doom3. I haven't seen anything else that really catches my eye/mind.

Maybe the new Splinter Cell game (although it was just announced, so it could be years before we see anything, at the rate things are going)

jAkUp
05-10-04, 07:48 PM
The new splinter cell game is supposed to release this year :) It seems as if they are focusing more on the PC game this time around, so im pretty excited :)

randsom
05-10-04, 07:50 PM
Those new screenshots look OK, but not as Impressive as they did originally 12+ months ago, before anyone had even heard of half of the new next-gen games.

I'm personally waiting for STALKER :drooling: and Doom3. I haven't seen anything else that really catches my eye/mind.

Maybe the new Splinter Cell game (although it was just announced, so it could be years before we see anything, at the rate things are going)

stalker is lookin sweeettt

Bad_Boy
05-10-04, 08:30 PM
i love how this relates to nvidia cards ;)

ah well lemme throw my 2 cents out. has anybody noticed how crappy all the new screens are getting for hl2? i mean show me more than one screenshot that has impressed you from 2004 and i could probally point out some major problems with it.

hl2 2003 was amazing, just hope it stays that way.