PDA

View Full Version : Manhunt!!

Pages : [1] 2

PsychoSy
05-10-04, 10:43 PM
Am I the only sick and twisted dude playing this game? :D

By far, this game has to be the most gruesome, explicit, difficult, and downright hilarious to play. The commentary from the enemies just crack me up either when they're responding to a sound you make, (e.g. "I'm gonna *flange* you over reeeal goood" or "I'm comin' over there ta snap yer neck!!") or when you're cover is completely blown and you have a hoard of them calling you names, hooting and hollering, or clucking like chickens as they chase you all over the damn creation! :p

Tactics
05-10-04, 10:50 PM
lol I just started playing it as of yesterday and I think it's pretty cool too :bash: Violence is brutal.

Have fun cracking heads! :fkr:

saturnotaku
05-10-04, 10:58 PM
Am I the only sick and twisted dude playing this game? :D

Should we be surprised that you enjoy this game? :p

Is there a demo available somewhere?

Rob_0126
05-11-04, 11:17 AM
I cant seem to bring myself to buy this game.

Probably because the violence is GTA3 on steroids.

I dont know, why cant they make a game, where you kill aliens, or evil machines, instead of cutting someones head off, with all the gory details. :ORDER:

Robert

Smokey
05-11-04, 11:21 AM
Im playing and like it, best playing it in the dark as the game itself is very dark. I havent got very far yet, just got the nail gun :)

vampireuk
05-11-04, 11:41 AM
I cant seem to bring myself to buy this game.

Probably because the violence is GTA3 on steroids.

I dont know, why cant they make a game, where you kill aliens, or evil machines, instead of cutting someones head off, with all the gory details. :ORDER:

Robert

They do, I prefer to actually kill people though :p

SH64
05-11-04, 12:36 PM
What type of games is this ? is it any good to bother ??

NAZCA M12
05-11-04, 01:07 PM
What type of games is this ? is it any good to bother ??
Remember Kingpin? If you liked that game, you will most probably love Manhunt.

Mullins1060
05-11-04, 05:58 PM
has manhunt come to pc yet?

vampireuk
05-11-04, 06:33 PM
It's been out a few weeks at least now

PsychoSy
05-11-04, 09:24 PM
I'd say the sickest executions have to be ...

Any execution with Machete/Cleaver, especially the level 1 (white) execution -- Cash cleaves them first in the small of the back, enemy screams like Shelly Duvall in "The Shining" and drops to their knees, Cash then grabs a tuft full of hair and proceeds to chop off their head as if he were Paul Bunyon (it takes him 3 chops to their neck to get the head to come off and the animation is so detailed and fluid that you notice Cash actually wrenching the blade free). It pretty much makes Mortal Kombat look like Mario Brothers. :)

-- Level 2 crowbar: The sound of the enemy's collorbone snapping as Crash pulls the crowbar free makes me wince.

-- Level 2 Scythe -- Ever watch the famed boxing match between Riddick Bow and Andrew Gilotta? Cash emulates Gilotta ... with a small hand scythe. I wonder if that execution gets Starkweather off or not? :p

-- Any level Hammer -- Totally wrong. Nuff said.

-- Starkweather's demise!! :eek:

I havent got very far yet, just got the nail gun!

That is one of the most hilarious parts of the game. You got that tattoed biker/preacher with a skull mask on his face sitting on his camode justa laying cable. 10 feet from the window is a brick. I tossed that brick right thru that window and it busted him right in the melon -- WHOCK!! Gawd, that would suck -- getting bricked in the freakin' gourd while on the ol' hopper, eh? :D

Of course, after that brick smoked him, I ran like hell to the shadows behind his trailer!! He came tearing out there hot on my heels bellowing, "You will not hide from the wrath of the almighty Lord!! Show yourself, you vile serpent from the Garden, for I can deliver you!!" :p

Unfortunately, I fired my nail gun at the natural gas canister ... and it didn't blow up! :mad:

The Biker/Preacher then proceeded to administer to me ... in more ways than one!! :(

Mullins1060
05-12-04, 03:27 AM
It's been out a few weeks at least now

i thought it wasnt coming to the pc for another while. i will be getting it shortly.

PsychoSy
05-16-04, 09:56 PM
Do you have the noise filter disabled, Gibby?

ClosetFanBoy
05-16-04, 10:13 PM
ok i just got this like 2 days ago. had to play it for a while before i commented......
this is feckin a riot! too funny. i see it for what it is and thats a game, so im getting a big kick out of this. (crazy)

Tactics
05-18-04, 01:03 PM
I'd say the sickest executions have to be ...

Any execution with Machete/Cleaver, especially the level 1 (white) execution -- Cash cleaves them first in the small of the back, enemy screams like Shelly Duvall in "The Shining" and drops to their knees, Cash then grabs a tuft full of hair and proceeds to chop off their head as if he were Paul Bunyon (it takes him 3 chops to their neck to get the head to come off and the animation is so detailed and fluid that you notice Cash actually wrenching the blade free). It pretty much makes Mortal Kombat look like Mario Brothers. :)

-- Level 2 crowbar: The sound of the enemy's collorbone snapping as Crash pulls the crowbar free makes me wince.

-- Level 2 Scythe -- Ever watch the famed boxing match between Riddick Bow and Andrew Gilotta? Cash emulates Gilotta ... with a small hand scythe. I wonder if that execution gets Starkweather off or not? :p

-- Any level Hammer -- Totally wrong. Nuff said.

-- Starkweather's demise!! :eek:

That is one of the most hilarious parts of the game. You got that tattoed biker/preacher with a skull mask on his face sitting on his camode justa laying cable. 10 feet from the window is a brick. I tossed that brick right thru that window and it busted him right in the melon -- WHOCK!! Gawd, that would suck -- getting bricked in the freakin' gourd while on the ol' hopper, eh? :D

Of course, after that brick smoked him, I ran like hell to the shadows behind his trailer!! He came tearing out there hot on my heels bellowing, "You will not hide from the wrath of the almighty Lord!! Show yourself, you vile serpent from the Garden, for I can deliver you!!" :p

Unfortunately, I fired my nail gun at the natural gas canister ... and it didn't blow up! :mad:

The Biker/Preacher then proceeded to administer to me ... in more ways than one!! :(

Game is killa. I haven't got a hammer or seen one. What level was that? I've got the crowbar, machetti, wire (that he strangles the life out of ya) nail gun, sniper and pistol gun, sickel, shotgun, glass shank. I'm on scene 9 drunk driving and it's tough! I thought the mall was tough taking on 3 guys at once with a pistol - head shots are awesome and the only way you'll survive.

The only problem I see with this game is there is no crouch. You have to stand there and take shots. Crouch would work wonders and be realistic even though the game is a little nutty. :screwy: :)

PsychoSy
05-19-04, 08:05 AM
Yea, the noise FX and the camera FX. It looks so much better without them. (mag)

Depends ...

The noise FX adds that Silent Hill type "fuzz", makes it more dark and dreary.

As for Camera FX, it depends on the level you're playing. If it's a well lit level, you can turn it off and the excutions will look fine. But if it's disabled during a very dark and shadowy level ... the executions are hard to witness. You probably noticed that the Camera FX kinda emulates the look of an 8mm camera with small spotlight. :D

The hammer is used in Scene 11 "Mouth of Madness" and boy is it fun and brutal as hell :D

That's a pain in the ass!! :mad:

But at least the luntic gang of Smileys you have to deal with are hilarious ...especially the cross-dressing dude who thinks you're his prison wife, Barry! :D

"Where are you, Barry?!?! If you don't show yourself, Barry, I'm taking the kids and leaving!!
You hear me, Barry?!?! Huh?!?! DO YOU?!?! "

"I recognize these footprints ....... AND THEY COME FROM MY SHOES!!!"

:lol2: (spit)

Tactics
05-19-04, 01:16 PM
The hammer is used in Scene 11 "Mouth of Madness" and boy is it fun and brutal as hell :D

Finished the game afew nights ago and i have to say i enjoyed it. Couldnt get enough of the brutality :kill:

lol

yep just got it in that level :clap: but having trouble doing the violent and gruesome deaths.

It says you have to walk behind a guy and Cash will rasise his hand with the hammer and you have to hold it for 3-5 secs for violent and 5+ for a gruesome.

I tried for an half hour and got nothing. I click the right mouse button when this is done. What am I missing? thx

stncttr908
05-19-04, 01:45 PM
This is a good game. I like having the filters on because it gives the game a cool look. Without it it would look pretty ordinary. I dig it at 1280x960 w/4xFSAA and 16x AF. I'm only on the white trash levels, but I'm looking forward to progressing further.

vampireuk
05-19-04, 02:00 PM
Who else jumped when that damn body bag lurched at you.

Mike89
05-24-04, 06:54 PM
This game is different, that's for sure. As usual for a Rockstar game, the voice acting and sound effects are top notch. I found myself cracking up more than just a few times at the dialog.

Games runs really fluid with no glitches. The game provides a rich atmosphere that will pull you into the experience. This game is flat out challenging and entertaining. That is if you don't have problems with a lot of violence and a lot of strong profound language.

Be forwarned, this game does not have a save anywhere function. It's got save points and sometimes it can be really frustrating having to replay and replay and replay. Some levels are pretty difficult. There were a few times playing this game that I had to resist the temptation to throw my mouse through my monitor screen.

This game is not for the faint of heart.

PsychoSy
05-24-04, 10:40 PM
It says you have to walk behind a guy and Cash will raise his hand with the hammer ...

That's your cue to click either mouse button and hold it. :D
The longer you hold it, the more violent the execution will be.
Release the held button to perform the execution.

Hasty == whenever the crosshair is white.
Violent == crosshair turns from white to yellow.
Gruesome == crosshair turns from yellow to red.

Who else jumped when that damn body bag lurched at you.

Jump hell ... I put a 12-gauge slug in it! :(

vampireuk
05-25-04, 07:27 AM
And which evil son of a bitch turned the electric chair back on after they killed the hunter that turned it off? :angel:

PsychoSy
05-25-04, 10:42 AM
And which evil son of a bitch turned the electric chair back on after they killed the hunter that turned it off? :angel:

Hmmm ... let's just say I didn't give Fugg ... uh ... his chance to "play doctor"! :angel:

The chap in the electric chair got a front row seat of me executing his demented savior! :kill:

Tactics
05-25-04, 11:44 PM
=Be forwarned, this game does not have a save anywhere function. It's got save points and sometimes it can be really frustrating having to replay and replay and replay. Some levels are pretty difficult. There were a few times playing this game that I had to resist the temptation to throw my mouse through my monitor screen.

i'm done with this f^&kin game! I'm on level 15 and doing well. BTW thx for the instructions with the violent and gruesome kills BUT wtf is what this save sh!t? I made it through half way through level 15 - killed the sniper and killed all the guys on the ground and other in the building. THEN SAVED!

Got to the subway - killed the sniper on the roof and got blasted by a guy that was close by. I didn't see him. Anyway it took me back to the friggin beginning to L15 in the ally. I saved the game wayyyy after that. This has been happening through out the whole game. Thank God I don't die alot but when I do i'm so screwed.... anyone else having this problem?

I'm about to give up on this POS save game BS

PsychoSy
05-26-04, 12:04 AM
Level 15 done the same thing to me, too! I about had a heat hemorage! :D

Couldn't get past it without a um *ahem* trainer ... :p :(