PDA

View Full Version : UT2004 patch out now...

Riptide
05-13-04, 05:16 PM
http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=380457

|JuiceZ|
05-13-04, 05:17 PM
w007! You man are the shiznit, thx for the link buddy! :nana:

btw, is it me or is that guys mirror freakin' quick? schweet :cool:

o reminder guys:

From BU (http://www.beyondunreal.com)
Notable features in this patch include an experimental Direct3D 9 renderer as well as a lack of CD-in-drive copy protection.

Grab it while the mirrors are fast.

saturnotaku
05-13-04, 05:48 PM
Good on Atari/Epic for removing the copy protection with the first patch. :)

Riptide
05-13-04, 05:58 PM
I agree 100%. I am so damn sick of having to keep the CD in the drive... It's just a dumb idea.

DMA
05-15-04, 08:28 AM
Do you guys notice any difference when using the DX9 Renderer? All i noticed was that the amp looked weird and i lost about 20 fps. :bleh:

green_meanie
05-15-04, 10:36 AM
Do you guys notice any difference when using the DX9 Renderer? All i noticed was that the amp looked weird and i lost about 20 fps. :bleh:

Didn't install the patch yet. How do you turn on DX9 in the game now after patching? Is it in the menu or is turned on by default?

Greg
05-15-04, 10:47 AM
Didn't install the patch yet. How do you turn on DX9 in the game now after patching? Is it in the menu or is turned on by default?

The .dll is present in this patch so you can now enable that driver in the .ini file. From all reports it's not ready for use yet.

jAkUp
05-15-04, 10:48 AM
[Engine.Engine]
;RenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice
RenderDevice=D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice
;RenderDevice=Engine.NullRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=PixoDrv.PixoRenderDevice

green_meanie
05-15-04, 11:06 AM
[Engine.Engine]
;RenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice
RenderDevice=D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice
;RenderDevice=Engine.NullRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=PixoDrv.PixoRenderDevice

I just read that on the UT2004 forum.

I tried it and saw a IQ and FPS increase in the game using my 5900 non ultra(Forceware 61.11) and had no crashes....yet.

Gonna try my 9800Pro rig later and see what happens.

ragejg
05-15-04, 11:20 AM
bah, where do I put the files? I'm a bit flaky this mornin... :p

EDIT: jeebus, John... /me smacks self on head :p

jAkUp
05-15-04, 07:42 PM
To me it seems the water looks better, and the textures look crisper.. maybe I am just imaginaing things..heh. Also look at the new quad damage!

lIqUID
05-15-04, 08:43 PM
actually Jakup I think your not alone. Im noticing maybe a little better looking water also, but I have to kinda go to DM maps to see it and I really dont play any DM maps often, so it might be me being silly.

I guess it doesnt hurt to run it in this mode, as I havent noticed a performance drop yet. Oh BTW Im running on a 5900 NU and 2800+ @3200+

Greg
05-16-04, 10:59 PM
To me it seems the water looks better, and the textures look crisper.. maybe I am just imaginaing things..heh. Also look at the new quad damage!

That new quad damage was one of the reported bugs by users. Could be one of the first times it is hard to tell if it is a bug or a feature, but in rendering, every bug is a new effect.

zoomy942
05-17-04, 09:01 AM
i tried the DX9 and it loked nice. i also trid the opengl, which looked okay, but somehow didnt seem as smooth as the others. thats odd cause nvidia is practically is having an affair with opengl!

MadPt
05-20-04, 08:57 PM
Worked(es) great before and after patch.
Using DX instead of OpenGL.
ATi 9800XT, absolutely no problems, with IQ in max. settings.
Didn't notice any IQ improvement but i didn't care to look for it, this game is awesome in IQ and fun, and that's good enough for me. :D

Love the No CD patch, it's great to play the game without going for the CD, great job!
I just look at the icons to see what game i'm going to play and also hate to get up to get the CD, much better now... just click the icon and go! ;)

saturnotaku
05-20-04, 10:36 PM
All video game developers should follow in Epic's footsteps. Have copy protection around, then disable it after a patch or two. I think that would encourage more people to buy games if they knew the protection would be removed after a while.