PDA

View Full Version : Unreal III engine details and High quality shots

Pages : [1] 2 3

Nv40
05-13-04, 08:22 PM
HOly... S#% this game really will wipe the floor of everything
outthere.. EPic is really serious about their game.. minimun requirement for this game will be Directx9 card and Fp32..will fully show many of the capabilities of SM3.0 too.. :drooling:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=5802&stc=1

no contest... :ORDER:
http://unrealtechnology.com/html/technology/ue30.shtml

can anyone imagine a couple of monters like that with a shiny sword in a game..? Lord of the RIngs anyone? :D

expected release date ~ 18 months..

How can other developers compete with something like that? :D
i can forsee this engine to be licensed in thousands of games.. and other developers having a hardtime licensing theirs . because Epic allows right know to start using their engine in the development of any game . Epic is at the phase where idSoftware was when they demostrated Doom3 in the R300 at E3 2 years ago. does any other developer will be able to match that ? we will see.. :)

there is enough IQ and tech there to persuade other Gamedevelopers that sells his engine to raise the bar in graphics and IQ even more with Dx9 effects as never seen before. if this is a sign of things to come.. the near future looks awesome.. ..WOW.. :drooling:

The One
05-13-04, 08:36 PM
:thumbsup: hopefully games can look that great with that engine:super:

spanker
05-13-04, 08:38 PM
when that engine is used in games you will be :drooling: over the games comming 2008 :)

Nv40
05-13-04, 08:53 PM
when that engine is used in games you will be :drooling: over the games comming 2008 :)

not necessarily.. because the engine is almost finished..
EPic is only tweaking it.. and working on the content creations.. levels /characters.. single player.. etc..

any other gamedeveloper that license today the engine ,will not have problem delivering a game in ~2years. since they will begin with a full feature engine /physics/AI/level editor/Dx9 /outdoor/..etc.. so the timing will only be spend in the content creation ..wich its the easiest part of a new game design. notice that UT2k4 only took 1 year of development to Epic.. since it using and already made UT2k3 engine. so in just ~2 years there should be a few games using that engine. :)

GamerGuyX
05-13-04, 09:05 PM
WHOA...I just crapped my pants looking at it! (fart) It's that good!

photophreak314
05-13-04, 09:50 PM
WOW!! All of a sudden, I have a new desktop.

|JuiceZ|
05-13-04, 11:45 PM
:wonder: :bugeyes: :afraid: *passes out*

saturnotaku
05-14-04, 12:18 AM
I would be shocked if Epic made FP32 a minimum requirement. Lots of games today list a GeForce2 MX as the minimum. I don't think people who adopt an X800 late will be left out in the cold.

But that sure is a pretty picture we got here. That character model is kickass, but let's also see some shots in the environment where those models will be interacting.

Wow, didn't even realize that I broke 6,000 posts. w00t for me. :headbang:

-=DVS=-
05-14-04, 12:23 AM
Whoa that looks awesome, if enviroment is similar quality with all shadows shaders bumbmaps ect and several monsters shooting an all , i think even 6800Ultra and X800XT would crawl no ? :eek:

By then new cards will be out R500 , NV50 ? gonna upgrade again :drooling:

Clay
05-14-04, 12:34 AM
Wasn't this the same model that was shown near the end of the 6800 launch video by Epic? Was it not running on a 6800Ultra? The environment was fairly impressive as I recall with true colored lighting, displacement mapped walls/floors, etc... I'd have to check that video again but not with me on laptop now.

poursoul
05-14-04, 12:39 AM
Thank you... nv40 ... thank you

*wipes tear from eye*

PS: Sat, take j00 6,000,000,0000,000,000 poosts, yes poosts, and go buy some real fish pants. No more of those flannel ones.

maybe some green ones....

Nv40
05-14-04, 03:27 AM
Thank you... nv40 ... thank you

*wipes tear from eye*

PS: Sat, take j00 6,000,000,0000,000,000 poosts, yes poosts, and go buy some real fish pants. No more of those flannel ones.

maybe some green ones....

yes this is extremely exciting...

just imagine what Mod makers are going to do with the Unreal3 engine.. :D the custom characters there.. the funny thing is that there are more detailed monters there. if someone get HIGH quality shots of them post them here.the dragon in the video looks awe.. hehe. i really forsee the engine used by Holywood small studios for small films for TV.

here is another but lower quality one.. still looks like one taken from an horror movie.. hehe :)

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=5835&stc=1
cant it get any better?
i dont remember seeing graphics like that in movies before :D

btw.. UNreal3 engine requirements are very high because the game main target is the next generation consoles XBox2 and PSX3. :D so they dont loose market. inthe case of the Xbox2 it will be all the way Dx9 and SM3.0 compatible and FP32 too. it will work in PC too ,remember that in 2 years.. there will be many more generations of cards from ATI and NVIdia. NV60 and R600. so maintream hardware will be the NV3x and the R3xx.. but they will need to play in ultra low quality mode ,with many effects disable at 640x480 according to EPic..:D

nVidi0t
05-14-04, 07:42 AM
Wow, I cant wait to see the landscapes the Unreal 3 engine is capable of..

|JuiceZ|
05-14-04, 08:25 AM
Wow, I cant wait to see the landscapes the Unreal 3 engine is capable of..

http://www.unrealtechnology.com/screens/EmbryHigh.jpg

:nana:

saturnotaku
05-14-04, 08:31 AM
Good enough. :D

Edge
05-14-04, 09:35 AM
Well, I must say, it's very impressive...I'm just worried where we'll go from here. I mean, that's pretty damn near photorealistic, how much better can you get? If you showed that first picture to some random person on the street, they'd probably think it's a guy in a costume...

Ady
05-14-04, 10:56 AM
More shots here, a couple of shots don't look that great but most of it is amazing.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/05/13/screenindex_6098240.html

Smokey
05-14-04, 11:13 AM
More shots here, a couple of shots don't look that great but most of it is amazing.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/05/13/screenindex_6098240.html
All those screens are the ones linked in the first post :)

jAkUp
05-14-04, 11:37 AM
A few screens looks like UT2004 to me...

mikechai
05-14-04, 11:38 AM
Great post!
Just one thing, its unreal engine 3.

Ady
05-14-04, 11:38 AM
Oh, is that 2 shots from UT2004 in there?

jAkUp
05-14-04, 11:39 AM
Im pretty sure they are... they already seem to have ai, vehicles.. etc. I dont think that stuff would be all ready yet.. not to mention they look ****ty compared to everything else ;)

|JuiceZ|
05-14-04, 11:41 AM
Im pretty sure they are... they already seem to have ai, vehicles.. etc. I dont think that stuff would be all ready yet.. not to mention they look ****ty compared to everything else ;)

Yes there are a couple shots from UT2K4 in there. Think they're just comparing physics, vehicles and what not.

Ady
05-14-04, 11:42 AM
Yer Okay, it just confused me, on that link I posted it had them all up as UE3 shots. odd. Well I can't wait for this sucker to arrive. It reminds me of when I first got a glimpse of Doom 3, it was on a Geforce 3 back then.

The One
05-14-04, 06:08 PM
i think the U.S ARMY has is going to use this engine in americas army i read in thier forum i cant wait to see how that game is going to look like with this engine :drooling: