PDA

View Full Version : You remember that huge announcement Sega was supposed to do?

***CENSORED***
05-13-04, 08:47 PM
This is it. (http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/05/12/news_6097970.html)

ragejg
05-13-04, 08:54 PM
AARGH!!!

:(

me = not happy about this...

saturnotaku
05-13-04, 09:01 PM
/me was hoping it would be Shenmue III

:(

LiquidX
05-13-04, 09:59 PM
I actually thought it would be something bigger like a new console amd I am disapointed with Sega because there just not like they use to be. They have some of the most impressive games ever made some even with cult followings and no one is taking advantge of them.

However I am actually looking forward to Matrix Online and even signed up for the beta. Something different from the 100% dominated swords and magic crap that is mmorpg. I cant wait until its out and if good I may actually cough up the monthly fee required for a game of this type.

Edge
05-14-04, 01:20 AM
Yeah, the announcement was a bit disapointing, but considering it's about the smartest move they could've made it's kinda expected. I mean, I'd LOVE a new Sega console or Shenmue 3, but I think doing either of those projects would just thrust them farther into debt. From their point of view this is probably a great venture: they might actually make MONEY off of this.

But hopefully though, when they actually start turning a decent profit again they'll update a few more of their classics. They did make a Shenmue 2 even though the first one lost them a LOT of money, so they still care about their fans...they just have problems making money WHILE they're supporting their fans...

jAkUp
05-14-04, 01:22 AM
I figured this was it.. its the only huge sega display... sadly, I havent seen f.e.a.r. yet.. i cant seem to find it!!

fivefeet8
05-14-04, 12:01 PM
http://phantasystaruniverse.com/

GlowStick
05-14-04, 03:14 PM
heh, the matrix pritty much died once reloaded came out.

ChrisRay
05-15-04, 06:00 AM
heh, the matrix pritty much died once reloaded came out.

Reloaded was ok.. It was the 3rd one that totally screwed over any mysteries, Plot hopes secbnd put there