PDA

View Full Version : Seeking information on GF cards with TV overscan capability.

lalittle
05-13-04, 09:06 PM
A lot of the new Geforce cards no longer support the overscan selection in the nview TV settings. Does anyone know of a source that tells which cards support this and which don't? So far, I've bought two cards that did NOT support this -- I'd like to find out ahead of time which one to buy rather than continuing to buy cards just to find out they don't work for me in this regard.

From what I can tell, the "integrated" TV output of the FX cards do not support overscan adjustment, but external chipsets like the conexant chipset do support this feature. The problem is that I can't seem to find this information before buying the card and actually looking at it. I was hoping that there might be a source for this type of information, but so far I have not been able to find it.

Thanks for any help with this,

Larry

lalittle
05-15-04, 12:48 AM
I called Leadtek and they couldn't even give me information on which (if any) of their cards support overscan controls. This information must be somewhere -- can anyone at least tell me if the "internal" TV encoder chip typically used on FX cards EVER supports the overscan controls?

Thanks,

Larry