PDA

View Full Version : No DVI output from FX5950

cls
05-14-04, 03:11 PM
Hello, I have a problem with the DVI link between my FX5950 Ultra and my monitor (HP L1925): After some weeks of smooth operation I suddenly got a "no signal input" on the monitor on startup. I rebooted, but there was still no signal. I gave up and connected the analog cable and that way the signal works OK. Then I downloaded the latest drivers for the graphics card as well as the monitor but there was still no change - the DVI output is blank. So for the moment I am running in analog mode and that nags me. I have tried various things such as uninstall/reinstall monitor as well as FX5950 but it just doesn't seem to help.

The only cause for my problems that I can imagine is a Windows XP security update I did (in order to shut out Sasser). I'm not sure but as far as I can remember I discovered the problem on the first boot after the Windows- update.

Does anyone have an idea what to do? Are there any settings that forces the driver to send out the DVI-signal?

Some data:
GeForce FX5950 Ultra
HP L1925 TFT
Compaq Presario 8980
Windows XP

Tym
05-16-04, 04:36 AM
I'm not sure but as far as I can remember I discovered the problem on the first boot after the Windows- update.

Perhaps you accidentaly downloaded the latest MS version of nVidia drivers provided on the Windows Update site together with the security update?

What latest version of FW drivers have you installed afterwards? 56.72 WHQL? This release seems to have some serious problems recognizing digital displays properly (and the driver release at Win Update is likely based on 56.72s). With my LCD, certain standard resolutions were not supported while using a DVI connection (using the analog cable solved the problem). Your issue may be just another, more severe symptom of the same problem. If the driver is the issue, try version 61.11 (or 61.12), see links a few posts up. If you are using dual displays and nView, try 60.72s instead -- this release also fixes the monitor problems, and it does not introduce the nView bugs the 61.xxs do.