PDA

View Full Version : Having processor issues

kholdstare
05-14-04, 08:34 PM
Right now I am running a Gigabyte nforce2 ultra MB, with a AMD athlon XP 3000+ Barton 400fsb Processor, 1 gig of crucial 3200 DDR ram, with a 450 watt PS. I thought I was having heating issues cause in my bios the temp was running around 62 degree celsius. Now i have put on a new heat sink and fan and ran sandra and came to find out that my bios temp was wrong and that isnt the issue. I have been getting kicked out of games I have been playing and my comp has been running rather slow. Games like Dark Age of Camelot. I ran some benchmarks on sandra and came to find out that almost everything is running at about 50% of what it should be at. My processor benchs are running slower than a XP 1600. Im not exactly sure what is causing this whether it is power issues or just bad parts. I just upgraded everything in my comp and everything was running great till I started upgrading my video card. Now im having issues with staying in game and running at 50% performance. If anyone has any suggestions on this please help.

Thanks

Daneel Olivaw
05-14-04, 09:26 PM
I tend to go with a software issue. A virus maybe? Background program?

kholdstare
05-14-04, 10:08 PM
I'm pretty sure that isn't the issue. I have no background processes other than the normal winxp stuff. I'm also sure that i'm clean of viruses. I've scanned my system multiple times, as well has reformated recently.

I'm confused at the information that i'm getting with my system as well as its performance. My bios is telling me that my cpu is running at 60 deg c. but SiSandra is telling me is under 30 deg c. and the performace being blow par is also a problem..

thanks for the suggestions though...

oh yeah .. the mobo is a GA-7N400

Daneel Olivaw
05-15-04, 08:32 AM
Is there cpu throttling on the Athlon xp 3000+?

The Hip
05-16-04, 01:08 AM
Try the following - Go in the BIOS and load DEFAULT settings, save and exit (might even be an idea to reset the CMOS (by Jumper)) and take your computer for a spin, *IF* the computer behaves "normally" - then tweak the BIOS, bit by bit.

What graphics card DID you have and what replaced it?