PDA

View Full Version : Is the Nostromo n52 SpeedPad anygood?

renegade77
05-16-04, 05:52 PM
Im thinkin about gettin the n52 speedpad any of u guys out there own one, im hearin it works well, the price aint to bad either $23.00. But i wana know wut u guys think of it.thx

ricercar
05-17-04, 07:54 PM
(1)
I use the n50 for UT2003/4 and will never go back.
(2)
The n52 is supposedly not as sturdy and definitely not as simple.

Clay
05-17-04, 09:43 PM
Both the n50 and n52 are nice. I thought the n52 was actually heavier/sturdier than the n50 and it is more adjustable with some improved button placement IMO. Either one is great though.

Rytr
05-17-04, 10:51 PM
With the n52 you get a whole extra row of keys to assign plus some extra buttons. Nice, but I have not found the extra row of keys needed in most games. As far as being flimsy, it seems very sturdy except for maybe the thumbpad is kinda sticking out on the right side. Might not wanna drop it too much.

I have both and they are nice. Overall, I think I like the n50 the best maybe because it is a little more compact.

ragejg
05-17-04, 10:53 PM
there's some sort of spacebar type of thumb trigger thingy on the N52 that gives it an advantage over the n50... I haven't used my n50 yet, but I'll report back to this thread when I do, as it is gonna be an adjustment and a half to get used to it, but who knows, I may never wanna use just a keyboard and mouse ever again :p...

Rytr
05-17-04, 11:04 PM
It does take a little getting use to but there is a lot you can do with it. One thing that I use is the round thumb button (toggle) for movement. By assigning it the four directions of movement I free up four keys on the main keypad for other uses. Very handy in Morrowind, MOHAA, and CoD. Have not had time to set it up for FarCry, yet, but it should be equally as good.

renegade77
05-18-04, 09:28 PM
wow this is sweet , thanx guys, keep on a postin ur thoughts! :clap: