PDA

View Full Version : AntiAliasing: 6800 vs 5950

rewt
05-17-04, 08:57 AM
There is supposed to be some improvement of AA on the nv40 GPU. Is there any comparison of image quality between these two cards at their highest AA settings?

Also, I'm getting confused with these new drivers. Does the 6800 support 8xS or not? Because it doesn't seem to be 8xS when you select 8xS from the CPL in 61.12 (on my card at least). I have to select 8xS with nVhardpage.

Ruined
05-17-04, 09:03 AM
There is supposed to be some improvement of AA on the nv40 GPU. Is there any comparison of image quality between these two cards at their highest AA settings?

I haven't seen any A/B comparisons, but the difference I can see in general versus my nv35 is quite large, yes.

Also, I'm getting confused with these new drivers. Does the 6800 support 8xS or not? Because it doesn't seem to be 8xS when you select 8xS from the CPL in 61.12 (on my card at least). I have to select 8xS with nVhardpage.

Apparently in the 61.xx drivers Nvidia has messed around with the 8x AF mode... Not sure what it does exactly now, I think ChrisRay was looking into it.