PDA

View Full Version : Audigy internal FireWire connector

Matthyahuw
10-15-02, 03:43 PM
I just got a new case with a front FireWire port on it, and I also have an Audigy card that's FireWire capable...
On the top of the Audigy card (inside the case), next to the CD analog ins, there is a SB1394 connector.

Anyone know, or know where I can find what pin is what on that connector so I can hookup this front FireWire port to it?
I looked on creative's online Audigy manual, but no dice...
Thanks

LTech221
10-15-02, 07:24 PM
I remember reading a post on amdmb about hooking it up to antecs line of cases, ill see if i can dig it up.

Matthyahuw
10-16-02, 12:23 AM
yes, I have an Antec...thanks, I'll look myself, appreciate it!

I come up with crap using Google...

LTech221
10-16-02, 12:29 AM
Well since its down (AMDMB forums), the guy who posted it simply emailed Antec who gave him the pinouts.

Matthyahuw
10-16-02, 12:57 AM
ya, sounds like a good idea...
I was looking on their site in the support area, thought they might have something there...guess not...thanks again...

Matthyahuw
10-16-02, 02:44 PM
I got a reply today...nice support!

here's the deal:

Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX IEEE 1394 Pin Layout :
Row 1  Pins 1-5 [ ]
Row 2  Pins 6-9 [ ]

Pin Definitions:
1st Row 2nd Row
Pin 1 = TPA- Pin 6 = TPB+
Pin 2 = TPA+ Pin 7 = VP
Pin 3 = VG Pin 8 = No Connection
Pin 4 = No Connection Pin 9 = No Connection
Pin 5 = TPB-

Black Sails
01-23-07, 08:22 PM
Be carefull, the pin layout pleased by matthyahuw may be wrong
I think the pinlist is correct, but it is differently counted, so the row listing is incorrect.

I couldn't find the pinsetup for my internal FireWire, IEEE 1394 connector on my ASUS mainbord (p5n-e sli).
(forgotten to mention in the manual) This connector was marked as IE1394_2 on my mainbord.
It uses the same connector but I needed the full layout.

After some more research I found a different pinsetup, it is used by at least ASUS and MSI.
And I found a picture of the card Matthyahuw used, with an other card connected to it, with a cable with the same color codes and layout as i've mentioned below.
(can't find it no more, its in a review of the card, where in a picture the card is connected to an other card via this connector.)
____ ____
[ 8 6 4 2 ]
[ 9 7 5 3 1 ]

1. TPA- (orange)
2. TPA+ (blue)
3 and 4. VG or 12 V ground (black)
5. TPB- (pink)
6. TPB+ (green)
7 and 8. VP or 12 V + (white)
9. Ground

Be verry carefull when connecting an firewire cable with loos pins. There is a lot of power on a firiwire connection, you don't want to shortcut the 12V cables, since these deliver enough power for your extermal harddrive to run at. If connected wrong it could kill your card/motherbord and/or external device.
If you want to use this connection, look in the manual or contact the card/motherbord manufacturer.