PDA

View Full Version : Fedora Core 2

DavidHart
05-18-04, 01:42 PM
Well FC2 is available today. I am using 2.6.5 with no problems. I assume that, if I keep my custom compiled kernel it will work and avoid the 4k/8k debacle. Right?

My other pre-installation concern is XF86Config which has been replaced with xorg.conf. Will this create new problems?

CompilerLite
05-18-04, 07:04 PM
It created problems for me

zander
05-19-04, 01:06 AM
It shouldn't as long as you make sure to edit the correct configuration file.

ScubaStreb
05-19-04, 05:52 AM
I installed FC2 final yesterday and tried to install the latest Nvidia drivers with the nvidia installer. Yes, I edited the Xorg.conf file. From a fresh install there isn't an XF86Config file anymore. Well, it crashed my system hard. I had to pull the plug on the computer to get it to turn off. Furthermore, it would not display any graphics upon bootup and I couldn't get to a virtual terminal either. Yuck. :screwy:

CompilerLite
05-19-04, 06:21 AM
Yah same issue I had. From what I've gathered we have to wait. There will be a new version that covers this. Some of the reason is that the driver seems to have been made mainly for XFree. Now that Redhat/Fedora are going to x.org this will be changing. I used the install disk to do a linux rescue and set the inittab to 3 and modified my xorg.conf back to nv. instead of nvidia. I would expect a new driver by next week but no guarantees.

suge
05-19-04, 11:22 AM
goof deal, it's not just me then;)