PDA

View Full Version : Advance Wars 2 for GBA

Jarred
05-18-04, 04:42 PM
is a really fun turn based statagey, and I can't stop playing it...looks like i'm gonna get more gaming hours in on my gba than my pc this month. :)

I find myself wanting to sneak into the bathroom any play it for a while... :P

Edge
05-18-04, 08:45 PM
I sold my GBA, but I still have my copy of Advance Wars. That was a fun game, but the system wasn't really worth it to me for just 1 game. Maybe I'll check out Advance Wars 2 sometime, though without my GBA I guess there's really only 1 option for me to play it...

Oh, anyone looking for a copy of Advance Wars and/or a GBA link cable, btw?

Jarred
05-18-04, 08:53 PM
I sold my GBA, but I still have my copy of Advance Wars. That was a fun game, but the system wasn't really worth it to me for just 1 game. Maybe I'll check out Advance Wars 2 sometime, though without my GBA I guess there's really only 1 option for me to play it...

Oh, anyone looking for a copy of Advance Wars and/or a GBA link cable, btw?

Zelda, Advance Wars 2, and Fire Emblem, oh and Tetris... I hear theres more than 500 games, ... worth it to me!!

Edge
05-18-04, 09:36 PM
Yeah, to be honest nothing that really catches my attention. I did like Megaman Zero...but they're gonna milk that series so bad I'm trying to avoid it from now on (the first one was new, different, and interesting, the second one just screamed REHASH). Now if they made...oh, say, Dragonforce, or a NEW Phantasy Star game for it I'd be more impressed.

Jarred
05-19-04, 01:46 AM
Yeah, to be honest nothing that really catches my attention. I did like Megaman Zero...but they're gonna milk that series so bad I'm trying to avoid it from now on (the first one was new, different, and interesting, the second one just screamed REHASH). Now if they made...oh, say, Dragonforce, or a NEW Phantasy Star game for it I'd be more impressed.

hmmm... I'd like to see a new Phantasy Star game too...

Edge
05-25-04, 11:06 PM
Hmm, I just thought of something: is there a GBA emulator or something that allows you to play a link-game over the internet? Yeah yeah, it can be used for piracy and we don't talk about that at this forum and such and such, but considering we own these games anyway and have no other way to play against eachother, I'd say it's a legitimate use for it (I actually just picked up Megaman Zero 2 and noticed on the back of the box it says you can have 2-player link games). Unless there's a way to actually connect your GBA to your computer and play the games over the internet that way, but I kinda doubt it. I'd be up for a game of AW/AW2 or MMZ2 if this method works, unfortunatly noone around me even has a GBA so link games don't really work for me.

Jarred
05-26-04, 02:04 PM
Hmm, I just thought of something: is there a GBA emulator or something that allows you to play a link-game over the internet? Yeah yeah, it can be used for piracy and we don't talk about that at this forum and such and such, but considering we own these games anyway and have no other way to play against eachother, I'd say it's a legitimate use for it (I actually just picked up Megaman Zero 2 and noticed on the back of the box it says you can have 2-player link games). Unless there's a way to actually connect your GBA to your computer and play the games over the internet that way, but I kinda doubt it. I'd be up for a game of AW/AW2 or MMZ2 if this method works, unfortunatly noone around me even has a GBA so link games don't really work for me.

na I jsut asked a guy here that worked on GBA games, he has an emulator, he said that it doesn't support internet play,

but, you should just wait for the nintendo ds, because that may, and you can play all of your old GBA games on it.