PDA

View Full Version : Thermaltake Purepower 560W Standard PSU

saturnotaku
05-20-04, 10:55 PM
I was browsing around the web looking at some new power supplies. I came across this (http://www.thermaltake.com/purepower/W0023.htm) one from Thermaltake. I like how all the cables come pre wrapped/tied so there's no bird's nest.

I've not seen many reviews of this unit..well only one as a matter of fact. It was good, but the rating of only 22A on the +12v line is a bit troubling when you consider there are other power supplies out there that produce better numbers while being: 1) cheaper and 2) having a lower total wattage.

Should that 22A rating be a big concern? I'm pretty sure it would be enough to power a video card like the 6800, along with my two optical, two hard drives and five 80 mm case fans. But I'd want to be sure before taking the plunge with something like this.

-=DVS=-
05-20-04, 11:41 PM
Aya cables look nice , but i would not buy product for eye candy or little comfort improvement , just for raw performance and quality ;)

ENERMAX 660W Power supply (http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=17-103-438&depa=0)

|JuiceZ|
05-21-04, 12:38 PM
Hey sat you may wanna check with gib. I know he's reviewed a few Thermaltake PSU's and has one in his rig right now. Not sure if its exactly the same model you're lookin' at though but he should be able to give you some idea of the stability on their 12v rails.

Jedi Rainman
05-21-04, 01:08 PM
I have had the "Thermaltake Purepower 560W Standard PSU" running in my newly built system for almost 3 months now and I have yet to have it quit on me or do anything weird. I've got a dvd-rom, dvd-burner, motherboard, processor and 5 hard drives running off of it and so far, no other power supply in my book it better. Of course, thats my opinion! :clap:

Dazz
05-21-04, 01:20 PM
I have the TT 480w TP that handles everything without any problems, 3x hard drives RADEON 9800 PRO, DVD RW & DVD Rom, 3x 120mm fans & the Watercooling kit (runs off of PSU)