PDA

View Full Version : Gish Demo

SH64
05-22-04, 12:50 PM
Anyone tried this game already ?? i liked it ! :)

Gish is a side-scrolling 2D game , but it has some great physics & lighting for such gener of games .

Gish features includes:
Dynamic Physics and Real-time Lighting
Destructible environment
Over 30 Story levels
Over 20 Collection levels
3 unique VS. mode levels
Many hidden "secrets"
Over 10 different types of Enemies
Several "Super Secret" Levels

The game uses OpenGL API .. so it should run faster in GeForce cards ! j/k :p
& it seems to use some Dot3 bump mapping . just amazing :)

download here :
http://chroniclogic.com/index.htm?gish.htm

|JuiceZ|
05-22-04, 03:42 PM
heh this is kinda fun! Like to take me forever though to get the hang of ctrling gish though :p You were right, the lighting/shadows are excellent in this game, didn't see any bumpmapping though.

SH64
05-22-04, 06:21 PM
heh this is kinda fun! Like to take me forever though to get the hang of ctrling gish though :p You were right, the lighting/shadows are excellent in this game, didn't see any bumpmapping though.

Yeah i didnt notice any bump mapping too , but its written in the opengl extenstions GL_ARB_texture_env_Dot3 is being used .. dunno , maybe in the full ver there will be ?

as for controling .. yes its a bit tricky because it relies on a realstic physics , so you have to control it as in real life & dont forget the "stick to wall" function . it helps a lot! .. like after jumping use it to quickly stick to a wall or celling . :)

jAkUp
05-23-04, 12:30 AM
well I beat it! What a cool little game

CaptNKILL
05-23-04, 05:15 AM
This game is sweet! I had the controls mastered by the second level (no idea how).... this is a really fun, original game :)

I dont know how much variation it could have past 5 or 6 levels, or if the full version is worth $20, but this demo is deffinitely cool :)

Edge
05-25-04, 10:45 AM
Interesting game, nice physics. Not worth $20 to me, but still fairly fun. And bumpmapping is used in the game: it's on Gish himself. Look at the reflection on him when he goes by a lightsource, it's bumpmapped.

GlowStick
05-25-04, 04:31 PM
This game is a really cool concept!

I am tempted to buy it just to play the rest!

I gotta give the inverntor kudos, kinda reminds me of a super nes game that you were a blob too though.

jAkUp
05-25-04, 04:47 PM
Me and my brother had a blast playing the versus mode... Im really tempted to just buy it...

SH64
05-25-04, 08:44 PM
Dont forget that there are 2 "collection" levels you can play when you finish the first 3 levels .

i'm still amazed by that little game . :clap:

GlowStick
05-25-04, 09:27 PM
Dont forget that there are 2 "collection" levels you can play when you finish the first 3 levels .

i'm still amazed by that little game . :clap:
I can beat the first collection level with 40 secs left, but i cant even finish the 2nd

SH64
05-25-04, 09:34 PM
I can beat the first collection level with 40 secs left, but i cant even finish the 2nd

Yeah ! the second is too hard , my best score was 103/113 .