PDA

View Full Version : VIVO owners - I'm fed up, how about you?

Gator
10-16-02, 07:50 AM
people who have Vivo cards using the Nvidia WDM drivers (philips based chipset)... do you find Nvidia's Vivo to be a pain-in-the-neck?
I ask because I've often had to disable various things in my video-out to make video-in work. And many programs can't properly recognize the Nvidia Video Capture capability. Eventually I've gotten so frustrated with my Vivo function on my Gainward card, I reinstalled my Hauppauge WinTV PCI which runs at anytime without arguement on every operating system I've ever had, on every motherboard I've had, with every video card I've had. Hauppauge made the job so much easier, now why can't Nvidia?

I'm a little annoyed about this, because I had I known the Vivo would be so troublesome on this card, I could have saved some cash and bought a more simple version of the TI4400 from Visiontek or something :mad:

And yes I have the latest 1.19 WDM installed.

Anyone have thoughts?

Gator
10-17-02, 08:12 PM
nobody?

ATI LoVeR 9700
10-17-02, 09:02 PM
Just pull out the Radeon 64MB VIVO. And nVidia has better drivers than ATi... :rolleyes:

:D

Gator
10-17-02, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by ATI LoVeR 9700
Just pull out the Radeon 64MB VIVO. And nVidia has better drivers than ATi... :rolleyes:

very helpful feedback, thanks :rolleyes:

any Nvidia Vivo owners have similar thought on problems with their cards or am I just blessed?

Smokey
10-18-02, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by ATI LoVeR 9700

To the best of my knowlege Nvidia doesnt support VIVO ?

Gator
10-18-02, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Smokey
To the best of my knowlege Nvidia doesnt support VIVO ?

um... there are many Nvidia cards on the market that have Vivo, I own one

if you mean they don't officially "support" Vivo, than that's a crying shame :( That might also explain why it's so difficult to find the Nvidia WDM driver on the Nvidia website

DOH! I should have gotten a cheaper non-vivo card I guess and spent the extra money on an even better Hauppauge card. Sigh... live and learn I guess :rolleyes:

Smokey
10-19-02, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Gator
um... there are many Nvidia cards on the market that have Vivo, I own one

if you mean they don't officially "support" Vivo, than that's a crying shame :( That might also explain why it's so difficult to find the Nvidia WDM driver on the Nvidia website

DOH! I should have gotten a cheaper non-vivo card I guess and spent the extra money on an even better Hauppauge card. Sigh... live and learn I guess :rolleyes:

I think the reson is that different compamies use different vivo and even different tv out chips, and is considered an added "feature" which should be supported by the card manufaure. Remember Nvidia doesnt make the cards, just the 3d chipset, in which case thier drivers work for. I would hound he card marker for support on this and demand it to be resolved or ask for a refund, if I bought a card for its vivo, and it did not work I would not be happy.

Rockeye
10-19-02, 08:26 PM
I have used VirtualDub to record video from my camcorder and I have come across the problem of the program telling me that it does not recognise the video in. I have a Gainward Geforce 4 4600 Golden sample which has the philips chip. I find that if I load up Intervideo Wincoder first (to enable the video in?? for it to be recognised. I think :confused: ) then close it and run virtualdub then the program recognises the video in. Don't know if this is your problem or if this helps solve it but its just a thought.

If you get it to run try http://www.100fps.com for some good deinterlacing techniques.

Gator
10-20-02, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Smokey
I think the reson is that different compamies use different vivo and even different tv out chips, and is considered an added "feature" which should be supported by the card manufaure. Remember Nvidia doesnt make the cards, just the 3d chipset, in which case thier drivers work for. I would hound he card marker for support on this and demand it to be resolved or ask for a refund, if I bought a card for its vivo, and it did not work I would not be happy.

maybe your right, maybe it's Gainward I should be complaining too :rolleyes: Had I known the Vivo would be so difficult to get working, I really would have either bought a cheap card, and or a nicer Hauppauge WinTV :mad:

omar96
10-21-02, 05:39 PM
I've got a Philips 7108 on my card, and my beef is more with the vid out than the vid in...I can't get the dern thing to do full-screen on my TV. Always have black bars on the top and bottom, and everything even LOOKS squashed. How do I go about fixing it? I shouldn't have to pay for a utility like TVTool to get what I already paid for to work; that's like having to pay for drivers, and that's a scam. :mad: