PDA

View Full Version : Team Fortress 2 - Vaporware or Daiktana?

ArtCCT
10-16-02, 05:24 PM
Just thought I'd drop a note about TF2. Does anyone remember back when it was the uber game you wanted for xmas? Has anyone even heard anything about this game in the last several months?
I'm figuring by the time it comes out, if ti comes out, it will either be dated (poor graphics in comparison to Doom3 or UnrealTourn2k3) or it will have become so bloated with stuff from the developer that it will be cancelled to make room for something that gamers will actually be able to play someday.
Any thoughts on the matter?

nin_fragile14
10-16-02, 05:26 PM
Vaporware. Which is really too bad considering how great the game was on paper.

StealthHawk
10-16-02, 05:50 PM
i'm going to vote Daikatana. i think TF2 or some amalgamation that TF2 becomes, will eventually be released. who knows when though, Valve releases things very sloooooowly. Half-Life took a long time, but was worth the wait. CS: CZ is another heavily delayed game that will end up being over 6 months late.

Matthyahuw
10-16-02, 06:48 PM
Well they had to re-do the engine when the Quake2/HL engine wouldn't go any further, so don't look for it for some time...the only thing I liked about it was the MRM technology.

Now that BF1942 shipped, I don't think we'll see if for at least some time...

too bad, I was looking forward to it...and just to think...it was actually demoed on the original HL CD! :D

Just like nin said, it was good on paper...but what they wanted to do required broadband, and broadband is still in the minority, not something the bean-counters like to hear...

StealthHawk
10-16-02, 10:16 PM
TF2 was also supposed to have some interesting meshing technolgy for the models where polygon counts would increase based on system speed. not sure whether that was "MRM" or not since i don't know what that stands for :p

Matthyahuw
10-16-02, 11:35 PM
heh, sorry, I must be too |33t for you :p

that's the Multi Resolution Mesh thing...kinda like a better LOD than what's been out there...

StealthHawk
10-17-02, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by Matthyahuw
heh, sorry, I must be too |33t for you :p

that's the Multi Resolution Mesh thing...kinda like a better LOD than what's been out there...

of course you are 1337, you are an all powerful mod :D

ok, that's exactly the same thing i was talking about then, i guess

anxdiety
10-17-02, 06:34 AM
isn't that the game that is in the bundle along with duke nukem with the bit boys cards?????

|JuiceZ|
10-17-02, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by anxdiety
isn't that the game that is in the bundle along with duke nukem with the bit boys cards?????

heh yea thats the one :D