PDA

View Full Version : Doom 3 Release date(yes another one)

randsom
05-26-04, 08:14 AM
just got a email from Gamestop about a release date change on Doom 3

You have signed up to receive release date changes for:

DOOM 3

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=644930&affid=1

Old Release Date - 7/26/2004
New Release Date - 7/20/2004

Thank you for visiting GameStop.com!
The World's Largest Selection of Gaming Products!

Doom 3 (http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=644930&affid=1)

Notice that theyve taken off the note about I.D or the publisher havent given a release date, and its just a guesstimate.

I believe this is going to be the real release date.What do you think?

Vash
05-26-04, 10:30 AM
Man, who knows? I've speculated my brains out concerning release dates for the last year, and Half-Life 2 kinda broke me.

XP_GUN
05-26-04, 01:54 PM
Well at least the dates are moving up and not pushed back I almost grantee that well be playing Doom 3 this May :ORDER:

Nutty
05-26-04, 02:15 PM
May's nearly over, or hadn't you noticed ? :)

poursoul
05-26-04, 05:14 PM
lol, remember my guess? it was like the 21st i think :D

XP_GUN
05-26-04, 08:20 PM
Awww sorry I ment June :bash:

GlowStick
05-26-04, 08:46 PM
I dont think those dates are accurate, they are just changeing them for some unknown reaseon. Probly just merged databases with activision or something witch had a diffrent 'Made up date"

I HOPE its next month :O

SH0DAN
05-26-04, 08:48 PM
I predict july 1st

NAZCA M12
05-26-04, 11:12 PM
Do you want a realistic date? Whenever the hell the PCI express cards are ready to hit the stores (it goes for ATI and HL2 as well). That means after July IMO

Arioch
05-29-04, 09:01 AM
Do you want a realistic date? Whenever the hell the PCI express cards are ready to hit the stores (it goes for ATI and HL2 as well). That means after July IMO

I don't know why they would wait for that. There is going to be an extremely small fraction of people with PCI Express system at that time.

With the game still not having a firm release date and QuakeCon just a few months away I am beginning to think they will announce the release date there or have it available for purchase after that event is over. They will probably make a big deal of the fact that the people in attendance there are the first people to get to play the official release version of the game.