PDA

View Full Version : Can't get rid of my MSI Drivers...Help!

CornCake
05-28-04, 05:02 PM
I decided to try out some drivers put out by MSI a few weeks ago just for kicks.

I noticed some added OC features but also noticed the drivers themselves were not very good with some of my games so I decided to go back to plain old nVidia drivers.

After I uninstalled my drivers and rebooted damn XP proceeds to detect my new hardware and reinstalls them (the MSI drivers) before I can install the ones I want. I tried choosing different options (even the ones that seemingly let me choose my own drivers) but no matter how I do it, XP goes ahead and installs them anyway. :(

Does anyone have a way to work around this problem?

P.S. I've finally gotten the nVidia 56.72 drivers installed and working okay but all the MSI crap is still there. How do I get rid of this crap?

saturnotaku
05-28-04, 06:21 PM
Did you uninstall the drivers in safe mode?

Lfctony
05-29-04, 05:59 AM
Using Driver Cleaner might help, you can find it over at Driverheaven.

CornCake
05-29-04, 05:15 PM
I didn't uninstall in safe mode (but then again, I never have when changing drivers).

I'll give that driver cleaner thing a try. Thanks.

bextra
06-01-04, 12:08 AM
MSI's clock tabs are controlled by msicpl.dll and will not removed, you will manually have to eradicate the file yourself. It should be in the windows directory but if you cannot find it just do a search.

CornCake
06-02-04, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the info Bextra. That's what I was looking for.