PDA

View Full Version : e-GeForce 6800 Ultra Extreme Edition

Pages : [1] 2

randsom
05-29-04, 01:51 AM
guys check this out, this could be very interesting

6800 ultra extreme (http://www.evga.com/articles/public.asp?AID=188)

wonder how much evga is going to charge for this.

zer0xp
05-29-04, 02:04 AM
Core Clock Speed MAX Memory Clock Speed MAX
I'd like to see some numbers for that before i even consider buying it though. Get a lot of goodies with it :D, so i think we should all expect the price to be crazy..

saturnotaku
05-29-04, 02:40 AM
Price is $549.99. Curious note - the clock speeds of the core and memory are listed as MAX, a couple lines further down it lists the memory speed at 1100 MHz, the same as the 6800 Ultra. I'm sure it's a typo though.

trolane
05-29-04, 05:56 AM
i so want that. but if i dont get picked july 4th i'll be getting a plain ultra because i'm not about to sit around and wait to see if iget picked.

mikechai
05-29-04, 06:03 AM
Awesome stuff! I wish I have the money to spend ....

gsgrunt
05-29-04, 06:25 AM
The power supply question is appropriate when you register but, I wonder why they want to know what processor brand you are using.

saturnotaku
05-29-04, 07:03 AM
I wonder why they want to know what processor brand you are using.

Market research.

randsom
05-29-04, 07:35 AM
i so want that. but if i dont get picked july 4th i'll be getting a plain ultra because i'm not about to sit around and wait to see if iget picked.

theyre choosing on june 4th, not july 4th.I wonder if you can use the 50 evga bux on the purchase of of the e-GeForce 6800 Ultra Extreme Edition, that would make it ONLY 499

ok, you cant use the 50 evga bux, you get it after you register the card, damn.

Are all the 6800s going to be dual dvi

Caliche
05-29-04, 08:33 AM
Damn, I hope I get picked unless someother companies come out with this card. I actually do have the money and is willing to spend it. I could just see myself getting screwd. hopefully I'm lucky.

Caliche

Riptide
05-29-04, 08:37 AM
Bah. I signed up, along with the other 25,000 people. Really, they have no indicator that I saw as to how many people will be drawn each week. Our chances might be pretty damn dismal... If you must have a card right away your only option right now is to pre-order from gameve (if you live in the states anyway) and hope they have enough stock on 6/7 to actually fill all those orders. Make that pray instead of hope. ;)

Arioch
05-29-04, 08:43 AM
I signed up also and basically expect no chance of getting this card. When I had my new PC put together I had a Enermax 550W PSU put in so I could never worry about power issues on it.

I am fully expecting to see these cards going for over $1000 on ebay and we all know someone will pay that price for it.

mario64
05-29-04, 10:36 AM
I wonder how many will be available for purchase each week. Does anyone know?

Mario64

GlowStick
05-29-04, 01:38 PM
Wow, i enterd, i hope i win :D

Whoa, look at their overnight replacement, that is pritty cool!

http://www.evga.com/articles/public.asp?AID=186

saturnotaku
05-29-04, 02:40 PM
Only for a year, though. Of course, most of those who would be buying a card like that probably won't keep it that long in the first place.

pkirby11
05-29-04, 02:57 PM
I have to sign up. :) Looks great, I have never been this excited about a graphics card. And finally NVIDIA put out an outstanding one, I was getting tired of everyone bashing NVIDIA and say ATI was the best.

I do have one question, maybe someone who has seen a little bit more about PCI Express. In the specs for the 6800 NVIDIA states that it supports PCI Express through HSI interconnect. Does this mean that the AGP version will support PCI express? The only reason I ask is that's sorta the idea I get from reading that. Cause I hate to plop down $550 on a card just to be forced to get a new one if they phase out AGP. Just curious maybe someone can shed some light on the matter.

saturnotaku
05-29-04, 03:42 PM
Cause I hate to plop down $550 on a card just to be forced to get a new one if they phase out AGP. Just curious maybe someone can shed some light on the matter.

AGP won't be phased out for probably at least a year and a half after PCI-Express boards become mainstream. It should be a lot like Serial ATA is today - just about every single board supports both PATA and SATA.

OWA
05-29-04, 04:05 PM
I signed up although it feels kind of strange to sign up for a drawing that just gives you a chance to purchase a card at full price. :) Oh well, I want one sooner rather than later so I hope I win.

saturnotaku
05-29-04, 04:30 PM
I signed up although it feels kind of strange to sign up for a drawing that just gives you a chance to purchase a card at full price. :) Oh well, I want one sooner rather than later so I hope I win.

Look at it this way, it's cheaper than what the pre-order sites are charging for the regular 6800 Ultra. So it's a bargain really. :D

OWA
05-29-04, 04:45 PM
Look at it this way, it's cheaper than what the pre-order sites are charging for the regular 6800 Ultra. So it's a bargain really. :D
Ain't that the truth. :)

Riptide
05-29-04, 09:12 PM
I wonder how many will be available for purchase each week. Does anyone know?

Mario64
If you look at the bottom of the page it says how many times it's been viewed. This might give an indicator to how many peeps have signed up so far anyway.

randsom
05-29-04, 09:15 PM
only 32xx people have seen this so far. wow, about .3% chance of getting picked.

saturnotaku
05-29-04, 09:30 PM
I hope it's first come, first served. In which case I signed up when there were less than 400 views of that article. :p :D

I can't afford it but it's sure fun to be considered worthy in eVGA's eyes.

GlowStick
05-29-04, 09:38 PM
only 32xx people have seen this so far. wow, about .3% chance of getting picked.
do we know how many per week they are selling?

UclaBob
05-29-04, 10:10 PM
If I win, I'm selling it :P.

bkswaney
05-29-04, 11:03 PM
Price is $549.99. Curious note - the clock speeds of the core and memory are listed as MAX, a couple lines further down it lists the memory speed at 1100 MHz, the same as the 6800 Ultra. I'm sure it's a typo though.

I think they EE will just be the faster cores.

I'm betting they r the cream of the crop cores used on the EE's.
I signed up to but I'm really looking to buy a GT.

BTW..... It's not a chance to win a card.
It's the chance to BUY one of these cards. ;)