PDA

View Full Version : Strange temperature changes

stncttr908
05-29-04, 11:33 AM
My specs are in the sig, so here goes...

Whenever I startup my computer in the morning (it's too loud for my brother to sleep with it on and we share a room) my CPU temperature is always detected to be 4-5C higher than it should be. After a restart, it's detected at normal levels again. Right now I'm running at 39C and the board is as a cool 25C, but when I first fired it up it was detecting 44C for the CPU. I know that previous BIOS updates from Abit have corrected incorrectly reported temperatures (something like 10-15C below actual temp) but this seems odd to me. Can anyone give me some insight? I'm running BIOS 18 which is dated last summer, but I don't really want to have to open it up and clear the CMOS in order to flash it to the newest version if I don't have to. ;)

Thanks in advance.

Dazz
05-30-04, 07:47 AM
Could be the room is warmer then normal, and the temps get changed nearly every BIOS realese, My MSI core software detects my CPU as 4C then what it says by the BIOS so it. Usin the BIOS/software to detec your temp is the worse thing really you really need to use a temp probe.

stncttr908
05-30-04, 10:13 AM
Usin the BIOS/software to detec your temp is the worse thing really you really need to use a temp probe.Ain't that the truth. I have about four probes I could be using on my Enermax fan controllers, but I can't seem to figure out the jumper settings so I don't have to hear those blasted alarms everytime I turn it on. :banghead:

It's not the room though. That wouldn't explain the temperature being higher until I restart. The room didn't get four degrees cooler (Celcius no less) in that half a minute.