PDA

View Full Version : Working Dreamcast Emulator released !!

D.K.Tronics
05-29-04, 05:13 PM
Chankast (http://www.ngemu.com/dc/chanka.php?action=download)

And it works.
Crazy Taxy, Running on my PC, anywhere between 30-60 fps.
Un freaking believable.
And it even has sound !!
Downside, You can only use DC backups, NOT your DC GDRoms. And you'll need a DC BIOS from your DC via a DC-PC link cable.

vampireuk
05-29-04, 05:44 PM
Oh we had this up on emutalk hours and hours again :angel:

Awesome work it is.

GlowStick
05-29-04, 05:48 PM
Nice, but then again you can find dreamcasts for sale for nothing heh.

D.K.Tronics
05-29-04, 06:04 PM
Nice, but then again you can find dreamcasts for sale for nothing heh.

This isn't about replacing your DC. Heck, it ain't even close with this alpha.
But it is impressive to see.
I'll bet a few of you wouldn't mind seeing some DC games, at high resolutions, with some AA + AF ?

saturnotaku
05-29-04, 06:45 PM
I'll bet a few of you wouldn't mind seeing some DC games, at high resolutions, with some AA + AF ?

Shenmue! :drooling:

Edge
05-29-04, 07:44 PM
Screw Shenmue, Ecco the Dolphin running at high resolution would look better than half the PC games released nowadays! Just wish it worked with regular copies of games rather than rips, it's kinda annoying that I have to download a 700 meg game that I already own just to play it on my computer (but then again reading a DC GD-Rom on a regular CD-Rom drive is next to impossible).

But where exactly do you get a DC bios (PM prefered if it's considered illegal :D)? I own several Dreamcasts, but it's not like I can just link it to my computer with a USB cable to get the bios off it.

poursoul
05-29-04, 08:43 PM
there is supposedly a driver comming out very soon that allows normal cd-roms to read gd-roms. i don't know how it works but if i find the link i'll point you to it.

poursoul
05-29-04, 09:40 PM
Oh we had this up on emutalk hours and hours again :angel:

Awesome work it is.

heh, just noticed that j00 got banned.

D.K.Tronics
05-30-04, 05:03 AM
There is supposedly a driver comming out very soon that allows normal cd-roms to read gd-roms. i don't know how it works but if i find the link i'll point you to it.

Actually, I think it's only for DVD Rom drives, as the GDRom format has a higher capacity than normal CDRoms.

poursoul
05-30-04, 12:18 PM
well, i'm ready... got my dvd drive right here.

Arrghman
05-30-04, 11:54 PM
I don't have a DC anymore, but I have some of my old CDs lying around and I had to give this a try... not really workable, but I thought it was neat ;)

fivefeet8
05-31-04, 02:39 AM
This emulator doesn't play CD/DVD's at the moment. Your gonna need self-booting image files of the games. Pretty amazing Dreamcast Emulator IMO.

You can see some screenshots in this thread.
http://www.ngemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51944

DaveW
05-31-04, 03:05 PM
This emu shows a lot of promise, but its still very slow. I just played the first level of Ikaruga on it. Other than a few visual artifacts and the slow speed it looked very good.

vampireuk
05-31-04, 05:16 PM
heh, just noticed that j00 got banned.

I've been "banned" from there for months, doesnt stop me posting ;)

Edge
05-31-04, 05:30 PM
Hmm, can anyone post a few screenies? Especially of Ecco, I wanna see how that looks at 1600x1200 with 6xAA on :D

poursoul
05-31-04, 06:28 PM
you can only do one res right now, like 640x480 windowed. if you wanna see some great screanies go to that link already posted^^

Nv40
06-06-04, 02:51 AM
here a very nice spanish site.. about emulators..
there is a screenshot there in the end of the link of a game running in the dreamcast emulator...

http://www.emulatronia.com/

the site is easy to explore even if you can't read spanish since picture there helps in the navigation of the site.