PDA

View Full Version : Changig Res. on Vice city

Tuork
05-30-04, 04:16 PM
Here's the deal:
A friend of mine recently bought a new Dell with a shiny 17" LCD monitor :drooling

Anyways, when he plays GTA Vice City the graphics are absolutely horrible (looks pixelated).
His monitor is runninng 1280*1024*32 @ 75 Hz. I looked up the graphics option in the game and it shows it's running at a 640*whatnot but I can't change that option.

Is this the cause of the problem? How can I fix it?
If not, be so king as to point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

jAkUp
05-30-04, 05:47 PM
Here's the deal:
A friend of mine recently bought a new Dell with a shiny 17" LCD monitor :drooling

Anyways, when he plays GTA Vice City the graphics are absolutely horrible (looks pixelated).
His monitor is runninng 1280*1024*32 @ 75 Hz. I looked up the graphics option in the game and it shows it's running at a 640*whatnot but I can't change that option.

Is this the cause of the problem? How can I fix it?
If not, be so king as to point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

I had this problem too.. Thing for me was, you need to switch the res.. then hit enter.. dont press anything else!!! press left and right until you get to the res, then, when you find the res you want, hit enter.

Tuork
05-30-04, 09:10 PM
I had this problem too.. Thing for me was, you need to switch the res.. then hit enter.. dont press anything else!!! press left and right until you get to the res, then, when you find the res you want, hit enter.

I'll tell him to give it a try. However, if I recall correctly, the Res. option was faded, hence, you can't change it.

UPDATE:
I had previously told him to download the latest drivers for his fx5200. Just gave him a call and he said the Res automatically changed to the proper one.
Case closed.

CHEVYMAN_02
05-31-04, 02:25 AM
to change the res in Vice City load the game to the main menu and go to options and then choose the res you want and then start a game to see if there is a difference.

MadPt
06-02-04, 10:00 PM
Oooppsss...

I'm not sure his GF5200 will be able to play GTA3VC with max. settings at 1280*1024.