PDA

View Full Version : please help a complete moron - UT2004 CBP

sonaboy
05-31-04, 11:23 AM

so in the help file, it says to click on the "umod" and follow instructions.
don't know what that is, can't find an install exe - do i just extract all files into their correlated UT2004 folders?

i'm stuck...and i don't want to screw up my game by doing something stupid.
because you know...i kinda AM stupid...

Lucien1964
05-31-04, 12:05 PM

so in the help file, it says to click on the "umod" and follow instructions.
don't know what that is, can't find an install exe - do i just extract all files into their correlated UT2004 folders?

i'm stuck...and i don't want to screw up my game by doing something stupid.
because you know...i kinda AM stupid...

The umod file comes a zip file form I believe. First extrac the umod file to your desktop or anywhere else you store your downoads. Double click on the file it will start a install shield and install the maps. If your lauch the umod file while viewing in a winzip window and lauch the file it takes a long time before the install shield pops up.
If you have problems still just download the full zip file version and extract the folders in the root of the UT2004 directory.

|JuiceZ|
05-31-04, 06:47 PM
The .umod file ext is associated to UT. If you double-click the file and nothing happens that means its lost the file association and you're left with two opts: 1) reinstall UT 2) unzip the file to a temp folder and then copy its contents maps, textures, etc into those same folders under yer UT dir.

MadPt
06-02-04, 10:33 PM
No need to reinstall... ;)
If the Umod is a MOD, then it should extract ( by double clicking the Umod file ) just fine and it will ask you to confirm UT2k4 directory.
If it is a map or something else, then you have to search for the right directory in which to place the file, just like JuiceZ said in 2). :)