PDA

View Full Version : Forceware 56.72 Display Properties

Caerdwyn
06-01-04, 08:20 AM
Hello,

I just ran through an install of Forceware 56.72, the latest on NV's site.

Like my last installation of the drivers, I removed the old drivers before installing the new ones. I did not use a "cleaning" program; I only removed from the Control Panel Add/Remove and all seemed to go well.

I've noticed that in these new drivers, I have less options under the "it4800 Properties" in the Settings/Advanced portion of Display Properties. I used to have what I believe were "DirectX" and "OpenGL" options. Now, those seem to be truncated under another heading (I cannot recall at this time, I'm at work not at my home PC). Is this normal?

I had this happen once before with older drivers. I had updated my NV drivers without removing the old ones and wound up losing some aspects of the "it4800 Properties" like 'Flat Panel Display' and other goodies. I then uninstalled my drivers completely and re-installed and all was well. But in this NEW case, I'm guessing that NV just changed things a bit.

Thoughts?

rewt
06-01-04, 12:04 PM
Hello,
I've noticed that in these new drivers, I have less options under the "it4800 Properties" in the Settings/Advanced portion of Display Properties. I used to have what I believe were "DirectX" and "OpenGL" options. Now, those seem to be truncated under another heading (I cannot recall at this time, I'm at work not at my home PC). Is this normal?

Yes. Drivers 55.xx and above have combined the Direct3d and OpenGL options. If you find the need to adjust Direct3d and OpenGL separately, consider using tools such as coolbits, nVhardpage, and/or Rivatuner.

Blast
06-01-04, 12:21 PM
Under "performance and quality settings" do you have a "More Direct 3d" window or whatever it's called ?

rewt
06-01-04, 01:12 PM
Just so you are aware, that option isn't available until coolbits is installed.

Blast
06-01-04, 01:32 PM
Just so you are aware, that option isn't available until coolbits is installed.

Unless you have a MX440. lol