PDA

View Full Version : Grrr, I broke something but theres no thread to put it in!!

ragejg
06-01-04, 12:00 PM
:confused:

The "I broke this while modding" thread...

meh, I miss it...

I just killed something last nite, and I need to add it to the thread...

Hm, my post count hasn't gone down, but the thread which I started (and the whole pc modding forum) has disappeared...

Ok ok, I'll sa what I did...

I was runnin prime95 last nite on the GF's pc...

when I was about done, I reached in to feel the HS... accidentally touched the NB HSF ( a copper vantec)... and then had teh cpu fan catch me on the fingernail... I recoiled, everything as apparently ok... I shut prime95 down lik e5 minutes later, and decided to play a media file that was on gf's pc on my own pc thru the network... about a minute into it, no go... My 8RDA+ shut right down, and the hsf was HOT... It wasn't until about 7am this morning that I realized that a fan blade broke and got stuck.

I fried my 2500... :(

Good thing I have a replacement. :)

jAkUp
06-01-04, 12:09 PM
I broke something too on my gf's pc also!! I was installing a coolermaster aerogate 2... on it is has a 4 prong power connector. The aerogate 2 comes with a molex -> 4 pin adapter. It was dark and I tried plugging that in. Turned on the PC, and smoke started pouring out... quickly I shut off the PC and realize... that I had put the connector on crooked, and only 3 prongs were connected! The wire had melted..lol I think the Aerogate is dead as well :(