PDA

View Full Version : Console game with best graphics

pat777
06-01-04, 10:01 PM
Which console game has the best graphics?

-=DVS=-
06-01-04, 10:06 PM
Hard to tell as i don't play console , but looking at screen shots FarCry looks pretty good.

jAkUp
06-01-04, 10:31 PM
i say doom3... i saw farcry on the xbox at e3.. and well.. meh. It looked pretty bad to me in comparision to the pc version.

Edge
06-02-04, 10:58 AM
The Xbox version of Farcry they showed at E3 was VERY early in development, they'd only been porting the game for maybe a few months and didn't really add many effects yet. But I think the final version will turn out OK. Doom 3 looks pretty nice, it's a little disapointing that character polygon counts have been lowered, but even with lower poly models it still looks damn nice. And RE4 does look very good, but I'm a bit disapointed in the lack of a real shadowing system in it (or if there is one, it doesn't seem very pronounced).

But...where's Halo 2 on that poll?

CaptNKILL
06-02-04, 01:58 PM
I vote pong.... or that handheld virtual football game with the red lights, that looked real...

Nitz Walsh
06-04-04, 08:30 AM
New champion IMO - Chronicles of Riddick for the Xbox. Stunning.

(Damn this game just _has_ to come to the PC!)

stncttr908
06-04-04, 11:50 AM
New champion IMO - Chronicles of Riddick for the Xbox. Stunning.

(Damn this game just _has_ to come to the PC!)
Beat me to it. This one looks like a movie licensed game that breaks the trend of money grubbing crap-fests with movie titles slapped on them.

qballshalls2002
06-04-04, 10:06 PM
Chronicles of Riddick looks hot!@!@!@! :D

LiquidX
06-04-04, 10:19 PM
I say either Ace Combat 4 or Grand Turismo for PS2. These two game really amaze me every time I play them.

Edge
06-05-04, 12:06 AM
Heh, yeah I've been thinking about Chronicles of Riddick ever since I saw a real video of it a few days ago. I'm really impressed, when I first saw it I thought it would just be a generic FPS with an over-use of cheesy lighting, but not only is it getting excellent reviews but the graphics are simply amazing. True real-time lighting, normal mapping on all the characters, and even your character casts a shadow! It looks superb, and I honestly don't think there's a PC game out right now (officially, anyway ;)) that looks as impressive visually (aside from resolution and AA issues). Well, actually Farcry on high detail probably looks better overall, but I really miss having a body and casting a shadow in the game. It's also quite impressive that Riddick manages to run at a nice 40-60 FPS a majority of the time, sure make games running on the DX:IW engine look sloppy (I do enjoy the game and really like the graphics on it, but it is disapointing getting sub-20 fps in some places). Funny thing is, the demo of Riddick on the OXM disc is pretty poor, but everything in the full game (from graphics to gameplay) seems a TON better in the full version. Amazing, a company with a name of Starbreeze working with a developer that was put togeather by Vin Diesel managed to put out an extremely good game based on a movie lisence, did hell freeze over or something?

BTW, here's a nice video of the game, for those who are interested: http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_chroniclesofriddick_efbb_e3_2k4_gp.mov

breez
06-05-04, 09:25 AM
Hmm, Starbreeze! I think people from Triton (an early 90's pc demogroup) formed that gamecompany :) Gotta download that video.