PDA

View Full Version : xfx 5900 xt, drivers wont install

pappy_dag
06-02-04, 08:46 AM
i have a fresh installation of windows xp, when i load up windows there are vertical lines all over the screen, its just about useable but it looks realy bad.

when i try intalling the drivers for my card it gets to 61% and then the screen goes blank and nothing happens.

ive tried downloading the latest drivers and the exacte same thing happend, any one got any ideas whats going on?

simonuk
06-02-04, 09:01 AM
i have a fresh installation of windows xp, when i load up windows there are vertical lines all over the screen, its just about useable but it looks realy bad.

when i try intalling the drivers for my card it gets to 61% and then the screen goes blank and nothing happens.

ive tried downloading the latest drivers and the exacte same thing happend, any one got any ideas whats going on?

1.Have you installed the latest agp drivers for your motherboard?
2.Which version of the video card drivers are you using?

pappy_dag
06-02-04, 09:04 AM
ive tried it with and without motherboard drivers, and the newist driver version and the older version that came with the card

simonuk
06-02-04, 09:16 AM
ive tried it with and without motherboard drivers, and the newist driver version and the older version that came with the card

Try disconnecting some of your hardware like a cd drive etc to see if it's being caused by a lack of power?

pappy_dag
06-02-04, 09:23 AM
i just tried diconnecting cd and floppy there was no diffrence, i dont think its a power problem i have a 400 watt supply and it only needs a 3500 watt

pappy_dag
06-02-04, 09:23 AM
rofl i mean 350

simonuk
06-02-04, 09:34 AM
i just tried diconnecting cd and floppy there was no diffrence, i dont think its a power problem i have a 400 watt supply and it only needs a 3500 watt

I am running my 5900 xt on a 400w power supply, now we try the "not very likely" options:-

1.Enter your motherboards bios and disable things like fast writes, video bios cacheable, agp spread spectrum and video ram cacheable etc.

2.Try taking the video card out and putting it back in incase it wasn't inserted all the way into the agp slot, also make sure the power supply is connected to the video card.

3.If possible try the video card in another computer to make sure that it is fully working.

pappy_dag
06-02-04, 09:50 AM
tried the first 2 still the same i cant try the 3rd one yet but i will later.