PDA

View Full Version : Post your buggiest games

Pages : [1] 2 3

eL_PuSHeR
06-03-04, 01:56 PM
Hi. This is a simple question to know what are the buggiest games you have played so far. For me, to name a few:

+ Jagged Alliance 2 : Wildfire. A lots of bugs even after patching it to 2004
+ Temple of Elemental Evil: Nasty slowdown bug :bash:

Etc...

Riff
06-03-04, 02:23 PM
City of Heroes is driving me particularly nuts with its penchant for crashing at zone change load sequences. Sometimes the game will even crash during the initial zone load. Mapserver disconnects can be frequent, and when the game crashes, it takes the whole system with it by causing fatal execeptions in the video drivers. I like the game but sometimes I decide to skip playing sessions due to repetitive crashes.

ragejg
06-03-04, 02:44 PM
Chaos Legion (can't use shadows and other effects on a 5900, but you can with a GF4ti)
Silent Hill 3 (won't run in 12x10 with 60.72 on a 5900... freezes whole system up)

meh, console ports... :(

Fatman
06-03-04, 02:58 PM
C&C: Generals, initial release was barely playable, multiplayer was pretty much not working. Within 6 months they patched it up to more or less playable levels, with each patch they fixed some bugs and introduced new bugs. C&C: Zero Hour expansion pack comes out, and the old pre-patch Generals bugs rear their ugly heads again. I was soooo pissed of, not only EA killed Westwood, they couldnt properly support one product, they released an expansion pack which brought back old bugs. Whoever is in charge of EALA quality control, should be beaten with cattle prods, every day, until the day all bugs are removed from the original game and expansion. Another sad fact, is that Lord of the Rings RTS being built on the same engine as Generals, will inherit the same bugs, and the same poor netcode. Ugh!

|JuiceZ|
06-03-04, 03:10 PM
SWG was still technically a "beta" when it was released and played like it for months after. Broken classes, buggy/laggy servers. Can't believe I paid to play that crap for 3 months :rolleyes2

On a better note, I hear its much better now. Not that I would go back regardless though...

Sazar
06-03-04, 03:17 PM
I spose deus ex : crappola edition qualifies near the top of the list...

ragejg
06-03-04, 03:22 PM
Heh, I almost forgot about the BF Brothers, 1942 and Vietnam... :p

nVidi0t
06-03-04, 03:49 PM
Ultima X: Ascension by miles, that was halarious.

Anarchy Online at the time of release was also buggy as hell.

Kamel
06-03-04, 03:56 PM
i can't believe no one has posted this yet...

RTCW: Enemy Territory

this game was released spur of the moment, and funding had been cut off for it, so they just basically did what they could to shove the MP version out the door. the result was a buggy imbalanced game that has a horrible reverse handicap, and some choke points that bring the other team to a complete halt. thankfully most of these major problems have been fixed by the ETPro mod, but the game was still really bad. to beat it all, they made an upgrade to the game that made it worse than the original.

i definitely vote enemy territory hands down the buggiest game of all time.

PsychoSy
06-03-04, 03:59 PM
My vote goes to ... Legacy Of Kain: DEFIANCE for buggiest. Granted, I already beaten it but love the story and tend to dust it off every now and then. When I first played and beat it, I used a cheap-ass MS Sidewinder USB pad. It'll play but it's guaranteed to crash to the desktop at some point. With the MS Sidewinder, it would CTD within 10 to 20 minutes but a subsequent launching would usually give me up to 3 hours of uninterrupted game play before the next crash-to-desktop.

Now, with a PSX to USB adapter, I've junked the MS Sidewinder in favor of the many PS2 Dual Shock controllers I have laying around here. Unfortunatly, LOK Defiance now CTDs within the first 5-10 minutes every time -- guaranteed!! :mad:

Yes, I've got the "unsupported" patch installed, too. :(

Typical Eidos ... always releasing garbage code before it's ready!

saturnotaku
06-03-04, 04:09 PM
Four words (well, three words and a number):

Grand Theft Auto 3

It's slow, it's buggy, but it's oh so much fun.

Sazar
06-03-04, 04:11 PM
man... deus ex II was the only game I ever played with bugs :eek:

seems like we all got our little horror stories eh...

PsychoSy
06-03-04, 04:17 PM
I will go on record and say that the "Buggiest PC games of All Time" so far is a tie between ... *drumroll*

Dynamix's TRIBES 2
Bethesda's DAGGERFALL

Even projects from Derek Smart can't hold a candle to these two (but I'm sure ol' Derek will belong on this list in due time). :D

saturnotaku
06-03-04, 04:23 PM
Dynamix's TRIBES 2

How could I have forgotten this one? Ugh, what a bug-laden piece 'o crapola. I could code better than that. :retard:

Phyre
06-03-04, 07:37 PM
Even though I love playing the game, Raven-Shield has some serious bugs.

- Frag lock. Even after a total rehaul of the engine, this bug still exists in the game. Throw a frag and pray that it leaves your hand.
- Primary lock. Shoot so much at an enemy that you empty a whole clip only to find out that you're clip is not reducing in number of bullets. Then, you're dead.
- Lag Frags. Toss a frag, pull the pin on the next, and blammo! The previous frag which was thrown several hundred feet away mysteriously blows you up.
- Print Screen Lockup. This involves punkbuster. Take a screenshot in game. Seocnds later, you get a PunkBuster: O/S Exception Error. Ctrl-Alt-Del reveals that the processor usage is at 100%. End the program, and you get a message saying it cannot end because the program is being debugged. To end this terrible loop, the actual process must be ended.

Phyre

SH64
06-03-04, 07:47 PM
Dues EX:IW ... :retard:

thank god Thief 3 got better .

DMA
06-04-04, 03:17 AM
UT2003 was a steaming pile of dung even after the first...7 patches. :lol:

GlowStick
06-04-04, 12:09 PM
Tribes 2, nuff said!

At first, i had some doubt, so i bought a new video card only to get the same results.

Ugh.

jnd3
06-04-04, 12:23 PM
Enter The Matrix. Ugh. I can't believe I wasted money on that rot.

Riptide
06-04-04, 02:18 PM
I had a lot of problems with Homeworld 2, and the demo.

nVidi0t
06-04-04, 03:25 PM
Enter The Matrix. Ugh. I can't believe I wasted money on that rot.

Amen.

Riptide: What problems with Homeworld? It seemed pretty stable to me.

trashcan
06-04-04, 04:58 PM
My worst game was MAX 2 from interplay. I get to like the 3rd or 4th mission and it just crashes me back to my desktop.Anyways I tried playing that game on win95,98,98SE,ME, and XP pro, and the pot licker has the same crash bug on all of them systems and I have never been able to finsh playing that game.

Tribes 2 for linux gets me down thinking about how buggy as hell that game was.

Talking about Derak Smart anyways. Have have guys ever done something dumb as a consumer?? I went to Best Buy and was just looking at what to buy I knew I was getting BF Vietnam, but I also wanted something else,so like a dumb ass I started looking at the boxs to see what looked cool I came acroos a game called Universal Combat, the box made the game sound like BF 1942 but in space. I thought I had heard of the game but couldn't place where I heard of it before(I did remember after getting home,but no return if you open box ), so not knowing anything about this game I bought it. Well I tried the game for 2 hours and couldnt get into it and I really think you have to go to some sort of school to learn all the buttons, I stopped playing and promised myself never to buy a game from just looking at the box.Damm me

NAZCA M12
06-04-04, 05:43 PM
Amen.

Riptide: What problems with Homeworld? It seemed pretty stable to me.

*puts long beard on*
Broadly speaking, that's rule No.1\THE definition of a buggy game: There may be 1000 reasons why it runs rock solid on a crappy machine (when it shouldn't), and 1000 different reasons why it runs like **** on a state of the art PC (when again it shouldn't) :screwy:
*removes long beard*

Deus Ex 2 had that sort of behavior, but i will agree with PsychoSy, Daggerfall was legendary for its bugs :D

anxdiety
06-05-04, 05:08 PM
SWG was still technically a "beta" when it was released and played like it for months after. Broken classes, buggy/laggy servers. Can't believe I paid to play that crap for 3 months :rolleyes2

On a better note, I hear its much better now. Not that I would go back regardless though...

The game is still in BETA yet. I'm still playing and waiting on the NERF to end all Nerfs. The combat balance should be done just before they release the expansion this fall. Maybe then it shall be in a decent enough state to consider being out of Beta.

Arioch
06-05-04, 05:21 PM
World War II Online