PDA

View Full Version : 6800U...where are the new drivers?

lowdog
06-04-04, 07:33 AM
I have a 6800U, running the 60.85 drivers atm. Anyone know when the new drivers with the preformance increase will be available?....the ones that were supposed to be available on the 4th.

BTW, I live in Australia and got the card today. S-Media brand (generic Nvidia card) cost me $891 Aus dollars.

OWA
06-04-04, 07:56 AM
Don't think anyone knows for sure but maybe soon. I don't think there is supposed to be a big increase in performance across the board though but maybe they will fix some bugs and enable some currently disabled options.

BTW, congrats on receiving your card.

lowdog
06-04-04, 08:13 AM
Thanks. :)

All games seem to run great with the exception of Far Cry, it has some major issues with this card atm, to be honest the game is pretty horrid with the 60.85 drivers.....hope they fix the issues with the 1.2 patch and new drivers or it wil be a point of contention for a long while.

Kind of like the thorn in Nvidias side. :rolleyes:

jimmyjames123
06-04-04, 08:26 AM
FarCry should run faster with Forceware 61.11 drivers. However, there are still bugs, and I imagine that most current measures are a bandaid solution until DirectX 9.0c and the FarCry SM 3.0 add-on come out.

Evildeus
06-04-04, 09:28 AM
BTW, I live in Australia and got the card today. S-Media brand (generic Nvidia card) cost me $891 Aus dollars.
Not a bad price :)
As for the drivers, i hope Nv realease something in the next 2 weeks, hopefully next week.

Caliche
06-04-04, 12:35 PM
I have been wondering the same thing to, where the heck are the drivers for this video card, weren't they suppose to come out like a day ago or so. I really do hope they help the performance level of the card, that or the card by be stiffed by the manufacture.

Caliche