PDA

View Full Version : Attention DFI Lanparty motherboard users

Mr Mean
06-05-04, 05:09 PM
Can the DFI Lanparty motherboard BIOS be flashed within windows or do I need to flash the BIOS with a floppy disk outside of windows?

If I can flash the BIOS within windows what is this utility called?

Thanks in advance

saturnotaku
06-05-04, 10:08 PM
Even if you can flash from Windows, such a procedure is not advisable because you're working with the hardware on its most basic level. Always flash from a floppy/CD-ROM/RAM drive if you can.

I know on Intel boards, they have programs that create a bootable floppy for you. For my old Abit boards, I would use my Windows 98 boot disk and then have a second floppy available with the BIOS update.

kev13dd
06-05-04, 10:22 PM
Yes they can

No they should not be

K

|JuiceZ|
06-06-04, 12:53 AM
Call me lazy but I've successfully flashed the bios on my NF7-s several times within Win w/o complications. Good rule of thumb though is that every mb is different and doing it the traditional way across the board will always reduce the risk of any hw damage.

netviper13
06-06-04, 02:26 AM
Call me lazy but I've successfully flashed the bios on my NF7-s several times within Win w/o complications. Good rule of thumb though is that every mb is different and doing it the traditional way across the board will always reduce the risk of any hw damage.

I was always scared to use the Windows flash tool for my NF7-S, but have used it for the last three or four BIOS updates with no problems. The only precaution I take is to put all settings back at default before flashing.

Rampant CL
06-06-04, 06:44 AM
All this talk of flashing has encouraged me to flash my old iriver discman,

|JuiceZ|
06-06-04, 11:25 PM
All this talk of flashing has encouraged me to flash my old iriver discman,

lol, reminds me of an an old riovolt mp3 cd player I used to flash all the time.

netviper13
06-07-04, 02:24 AM
lol, reminds me of an an old riovolt mp3 cd player I used to flash all the time.

You used to flash it all the time, eh? What did it ever do to you? What are you, some kind of exhibitionist? And don't they have laws against public indecency? :D

|JuiceZ|
06-07-04, 09:05 AM
You used to flash it all the time, eh? What did it ever do to you? What are you, some kind of exhibitionist? And don't they have laws against public indecency? :D

Naw we had a lot of private listening parties... (aaa) :o