PDA

View Full Version : Asus V9520TD vs Gigabyte 9600SE

Bernard
06-05-04, 11:35 PM
Hi everyone.... I am just a casual gamer and need you guy's advice of this 2 graphic card that I am planning to buy. Which do you think is better in playing games like:

The Sims
Singles Flirt Up your Life
Silent Hill 3 (cannot play as no shaders)
Age of Mythology
GTA Vice City
KOTOR

I don't play much FPS games as it will coz me headache.

I am currently still (hehehe....) using a GeForce 2 MX 400. So think bout getting the card to play Singles Flirt up your Life. My GF2 looks quite bad without any shaders and very slow on it. Though I much prefer a nVidia card.

Thanks in advance and have a good day.

anzak
06-06-04, 12:00 AM
You can't beat this card for the money http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-102-289&depa=0 . Anything slower than a Radeon 9600 non pro and you will have issues with KOTOR plus you can get by without upgrading for some time. It's under $100 and overclocks great (installed one in a friends system so he could run Halo).

Bernard
06-06-04, 05:17 AM
Thank you. I actually played KOTOR on my GF2 MX400 card. Hehehe. But I'll wait and see the performance difference once I get the new card. I also played Far Cry finished on this GF2 too. And of course not as the top notch fps power. Slow and quite jerky but manage la.... I also played Halo Combat Evolved on the GF2. Better peformance than Fry Cry though.

I'll go look around for the ATI 9600. Reason I didn't look for it was I can find it here, the 9600 (non pro). Thanks for the newegg link but I think I'll go look for it at my local dealers here in Penang. As its much easier if there's any problems. Actually I wanted to get the Gigabyte 9600 XT, but the price is quite high but GeCube 9600 XT was my 1st choice. But after reading bout the problems on this site. I changed my mind but it.

Thanks again Anzak. Take care.