PDA

View Full Version : If Your Feeling Nice, Help Me Decide.

GamerGuyX
06-06-04, 03:25 PM
Hello all, I am in the process of building a new PC. I pretty much know what I want. The last thing I need to decide is what motherboard to get. I am going with a Pentium 4 (because I got a P4 3.2 GHZ processor for free from a friend that had no use for it) proccessor. I have it down to two Motherboard the ABIT IC7-G (http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/products.php?categories=1&model=4) or Intel D875PBZ (http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/bz/). I am NOT going to overclock ever (I like STABILITY). So in that case which of these mobos are made of better quality parts that will last the longest? I also don't need onboard sound or video since I have an Audigy 2 ZS and going to get ATI Radeon X800 XT or Nvidia GeForce 6800 Ultra. Lastly, the benchmark seem equal, so that doesn't help... :lame:

GamerGuyX
06-06-04, 03:29 PM
Oh and also, my budget for a motherboard is $150. If I had more money I would probably just get the ASUS P4C800 Deluxe.

DivotMaker
06-06-04, 03:31 PM
Oh and also, my budget for a motherboard is $150. If I had more money I would probably just get the ASUS P4C800 Deluxe.

Intel D875PBZ is what I have had since June of last year and it has been completely error and issue-free...and I do not overclock either...

saturnotaku
06-06-04, 03:41 PM
If stability is what you want, Intel boards are the only way to go. Who knows Intel chipsets better than...well, Intel? ;)

The D875 is a fantastic board. Totally stable, pretty quick and can be had for $140 or less.

GamerGuyX
06-06-04, 03:48 PM
I was told by a friend recently that I should get the ABIT IC7-G because it was built with Rubycon capacitors which should make it last FOREVER! So I don't know what to get yet... :|

PaiN
06-06-04, 04:04 PM
yep..If I wasn't a mental Overclocker :rolleyes: I'd be on an Intel D875PBZ mobo, they have awesome "stock" performance...
But as for stability....now that's one thing I can't complain about..this setup is 110% rock solid... :)
with Rubycon capacitors which should make it last FOREVER!
Are you planning on keeping the board FOREVER?

GamerGuyX
06-06-04, 04:11 PM
No I am not planning on keeping it forever, but my PC stuff gets passed down to other people!!! I just want to make sure I get a really good mobo that I wont have to worry about being junk. I think I am kind of leaning towards the Intel mobo. But I am still not sure... :banghead:

GamerGuyX
06-06-04, 05:05 PM
Aaaaargh! I need more opinions! :POKE:

saturnotaku
06-06-04, 05:07 PM
Dude, don't bump an hour after you post. :nono:

GamerGuyX
06-06-04, 05:20 PM
Oops sorry didn't mean to. :( I will bump the other couple of posts to be fair.

PaiN
06-06-04, 07:06 PM
Mr.LordX...your alittle on the high strung side...arn't ya? ;)

Anyway, don't string yourself out over this...your using them in a non-OC'd system, you really can't go wrong with either mobo...

GamerGuyX
06-06-04, 07:14 PM
Hmmm. I didn't know what high-strung meant so I looked it up. High-strung: being in a tense state. Hmm, yep sound like me right now... :argh: I guess its the little things that bug me.

morkus64
06-16-04, 06:19 PM
I've been using that Intel board for almost a year now... Never gave me any problems. I say, go with it!

And where do people get these friends who just happen to have extra processors, vid cards...

Everyone seems to have one of these friends but me. ::cry::