PDA

View Full Version : OK, cancelled my order...

Riptide
06-07-04, 11:12 AM
Assuming gameve really does get some 6800U's in stock, someone else should be getting mine. I went ahead and cancelled my order there. I may yet get a 6800U to play with, but down the road.

Allstarshop is actually going to ship me an XT from the sounds of it. Hopefully it will get here tomorrow! When it does get here I will try hard to run a couple benchmarks for y'all. :) At least 3dmark03 and 2001, maybe aquamark.

And before anyone says anything, yes, I know I was gouged on the price. I know the intelligent thing to do would've been to wait and pocket the extra $75-100. So yes, if you want to beat me up over it go ahead. I deserve it.

Lfctony
06-07-04, 11:42 AM
Have fun with it, let us know how it goes. My supplier will have 6800Us in stock this week apparently, I'll get one by next week at the latest.

piranha
06-07-04, 11:45 AM
The first to hit the market will sure sell a lot of cards if people are as impatient as me lol. It says something about how close these cards really are in performance too.

Jarred
06-07-04, 11:51 AM
Man, didn't you like preorder an x800pro? then cancel that, now you've cancelled your 6800 for an XTPE? LOL, can seem to make up your mind can you?

just get'em both. :P

Riptide
06-07-04, 12:03 PM
Heh Jarred. :) I was so impatient that I just ended up deciding to get whichever one I could try out first. I truly believe that both cards are nearly equal so to me it didn't make a huge difference which one I got. I just wanted one and was sick of waiting for ATI or NVDA to deliver the highend parts.

I never did order an X800 Pro, but I did have these:
1) preoder @ compusa for XT, cancelled it
2) preorder @ bestbuy for XT, cancelled it
3) 6800U preoder @ gameve, cancelled this morning.

I cancelled the gameve order as soon as I saw it go to backorder on their site and then learned from allstarshop that I was one of the "lucky" ones that did manage to get in early enough to get the XT. I fully understand how I would appear to be someone that can't make up their mind, both to you and the customer svc. departments at those stores. In reality, I had made up my mind: get one or the other from whoever has it available first, and then cancel anything else. This is ofcourse no excuse for being so extravagant as far as how much I'm paying right now, but I'm sure some here should be able to forgive me. ;)

I will definitely post a few benchmarks when I (hopefully) receive the card tomorrow. Anyone know where to get these catalyst beta drivers that are supposed to have better performance than the current 4.5?

Oh, and I still have my order from gateway for an XT. I'm toying with the idea of keeping that order though. I might change my shipping to the slowest they have and then just sell the card to a friend or online for a very modest profit.

stncttr908
06-08-04, 09:39 AM
Hey man, if you've got the money then that's your decision! :D

Enjoy!

{Sniping}Waste
06-08-04, 11:05 AM
Riptide, the only drivers that will work with the X800 XT PE is the 4.5 beta now. I hope the driver disk has it but there are other sites that you can download it from.

AMC_Duke
06-08-04, 11:35 AM
my Geforce 6800 ultra should ship tomorrow but now its delayd to 16.6.04 this realy pisses me off this delay **** is realy a mess =(

piranha
06-08-04, 11:51 AM
Man, didn't you like preorder an x800pro? then cancel that, now you've cancelled your 6800 for an XTPE? LOL, can seem to make up your mind can you?

just get'em both. :P

Where you referring to me?

Me no I have never in my life preordered a X800 PRO. A X800XT PE yes A 6800 ULTRA yes ;)

I still can´t make up my mind so I made sure I put a preorder on a X800XT PE that I can´t cancel hehe. The 6800 ULTRA I cancelled since it got delayed and I can´t afford getting both at the same time...

Riptide
06-08-04, 01:59 PM
Riptide, the only drivers that will work with the X800 XT PE is the 4.5 beta now. I hope the driver disk has it but there are other sites that you can download it from.
I just downloaded 4.6 and will try them with the sapphire XT I'm getting tomorrow unless someone gives me a reason why I should use the 4.5betas instead.

Arioch
06-08-04, 02:13 PM
I just downloaded 4.6 and will try them with the sapphire XT I'm getting tomorrow unless someone gives me a reason why I should use the 4.5betas instead.

The 4.5 betas offer about a 5-10% performance increase over the official 4.5 versions on X800 series cards. My Far Cry and 3dMark03 tests verify that. I have heard mixed opinions on how good the 4.6 beta drivers are at Rage3D so i will definitely use the 4.5 beta drivers for now when I get my X800XT card.