PDA

View Full Version : cleaning an lcd

zoomy942
06-07-04, 02:25 PM
i love my lcd, and my 2 work lcd's are nice too, bnuit how do i clean them off? i dont want to go at them with windex or anything like that.

saturnotaku
06-07-04, 02:30 PM
Places like Circuit City have non-static wipes you can buy that are suitable for LCD monitors. They're a little pricey, but it's worth the peace of mind.

monkeydust
06-07-04, 02:32 PM
I just use water and a soft cloth.

Cota
06-07-04, 06:30 PM
soapy water (very little liquid soap) and soft cloth

Clay
06-07-04, 06:32 PM
as long as you don't touch the screen with your fingers (one of my pet peeves :D ) then compressed air will remove all of the dust quite nicely.

UDawg
06-07-04, 07:03 PM
as long as you don't touch the screen with your fingers (one of my pet peeves :D ) then compressed air will remove all of the dust quite nicely.

I did that but I think I got too close, cuz the monitor blew over. Oh wait were you talking about canned air or a air compressor? :angel2:

Clay
06-07-04, 07:06 PM
I did that but I think I got too close, cuz the monitor blew over. Oh wait were you talking about canned air or a air compressor? :angel2:Yeah dun use one of these bad boys (http://www.dewalt.com//ProductImages/PC_Graphics/Photos/DEWALT/TOOLS/LARGE/5/D55275%25_1.jpg). :D

Riptide
06-07-04, 09:52 PM
Distilled water and a 100% cotton cloth, with light pressure, is the best way to do it IMO. I would stay away from chemicals and definitely nothing sharp or abrasive at all. All it takes is one screwup and you can kiss that thing bye-bye.

adenosine
06-09-04, 02:49 PM
Distilled water and a 100% cotton cloth, with light pressure, is the best way to do it IMO. I would stay away from chemicals and definitely nothing sharp or abrasive at all. All it takes is one screwup and you can kiss that thing bye-bye.

distilled water? LOL

Clay
06-09-04, 03:04 PM
distilled water? LOL
Hey don't laugh, you ever seen what is left over in a humidifier if you fill it with plain tap water? Crud, a bunch of calcium, ash and mineral crud..it's gross. There is some nasty stuff in there...even if you have a water softener. :) So distilled water my sound a bit anal...but I'd rather wipe my $$$ LCD down with that than tap water.

adenosine
06-09-04, 03:38 PM
you are right, it just sounded so "anal" as you put it that i had to laugh...

MUYA
06-13-04, 10:48 AM
whats anal gotta do with cleaning LCDs????

I use alcohol and LCD cleaning tissues. I will try distilled water now :D

Pandora's Box
06-13-04, 04:22 PM
grab some cotton pads and some isobryl alcohol, wipe in one direction only.

Fatman
06-14-04, 01:14 AM
Old tube sock, turned inside-out. Don't poke your screen with fingers, don't cough or sneeze on it, and it will not have anything but dust on it.