PDA

View Full Version : Duke Nukem Forever

jAkUp
06-07-04, 02:32 PM
George Broussard:

“IMO, it's more abusive to the community to continue to talk about and show the game when it's not real close to release. What's the point of leading people on? The best thing we can, and should do, is to shut up, finish the game and start showing it and talking about it when it's near enough release that people can actually see light at the end of the tunnel.”

http://www.totalvideogames.com/pages/articles/index.php?article_id=5842

NAZCA M12
06-07-04, 04:03 PM
Personally i've set the target of having my grandchildren play the game when it comes out (i've given up hope for myself :D) I think i'm on target :lol2:

LiquidX
06-07-04, 04:27 PM
The Cold War will be upon us again before that game comes out. And that quote says a million.

PenguinJim
06-07-04, 05:24 PM
Another genius quote:
“not real close to release” :)

I still like the DN4 trailer from E3 2001. Ah, if only THAT game had been released :).

AngelGraves13
06-07-04, 08:42 PM
you people do realize sometimes the names make the games. Duke Nukem "Forever" and i bet they didn't even think that's what it would come out to mean lol. But really...the name itself says a lot.

thenerdguy
06-07-04, 09:11 PM
you know what would be awsome but will never happen? They finnish the game before HL2 and doom III. :)

Raptorman
06-07-04, 11:56 PM
you know what would be awsome but will never happen? They finnish the game before HL2 and doom III. :)

No, what would be awesome and never happen is: 3DRealms actually finish the game, or atleast half of it.

Duke Nukem Forever - Only game in history to actually tell how long development will be in the title. "FOREVER". :lame:

Those people at 3D Realms have been (pb) themselves so much they probably forgot they were working on a game.

Edge
06-08-04, 12:36 AM
I still like the DN4 trailer from E3 2001. Ah, if only THAT game had been released :).

Heh, yeah that trailer was cool, why the hell did they scrap the game? If/when this game ever gets finished, they DAMN well better have a collectors version of it that contains all of the previous near-complete versions of the game that they scrapped, they must have like a dozen of them by now.

NAZCA M12
06-08-04, 04:49 AM
Heh, yeah that trailer was cool, why the hell did they scrap the game? If/when this game ever gets finished, they DAMN well better have a collectors version of it that contains all of the previous near-complete versions of the game that they scrapped, they must have like a dozen of them by now.

My sources indicate that this is exactly the case. Thing is, they're waiting for the new 27Gb DVD's to be introduced before a collectors edition is out :D

saturnotaku
06-08-04, 08:06 AM
My sources indicate that this is exactly the case. Thing is, they're waiting for the new 27Gb DVD's to be introduced before a collectors edition is out :D

And by that time, they will have gotten in at least six or seven more total re-writes of the game and engine.

Edge
06-08-04, 09:41 AM
Wow, so basically, you'd have 20 near-complete versions of the game to play, all for a collector's edition price! Now THAT'S what I call a deal :D
Not to mention it would make a big blow against piracy, who's gonna download 26 gigs of data?!?

AngelGraves13
06-08-04, 02:18 PM
I say we'll see this game in another 2 to 4 years and by then we won't care...oh wait, i don't care now.