PDA

View Full Version : nVidia driver with projector = Problem. Help plz :)

RAGEdemon
06-07-04, 09:14 PM
Iv setup a projector which supports 1024x768 native and 1280x1024 scaled resolution. No matter what driver i install, the nVidia driver always picks it up as a "flat pannel TFT with maximum resolution of 1024x768". This means that

1. The gamma and brightness values are defaulted to high, which persumably on TFT monitors give a better picture, but with the projector, degrates it instead.

2. I cannot change to anything higher that 1024x768. When i try, it just scales the new resolution to 1024, so I see a partial desktop.

I NEED 1280x1024 for proper stereo viewing with 3d gasses.

Everything works fine through the analogue, but for obvious reasons, I would prefer digital.

Many thanks for any input in advance.

--RAGEdemon

CaptNKILL
06-08-04, 01:27 AM
Iv setup a projector which supports 1024x768 native and 1280x1024 scaled resolution. No matter what driver i install, the nVidia driver always picks it up as a "flat pannel TFT with maximum resolution of 1024x768". This means that

1. The gamma and brightness values are defaulted to high, which persumably on TFT monitors give a better picture, but with the projector, degrates it instead.

2. I cannot change to anything higher that 1024x768. When i try, it just scales the new resolution to 1024, so I see a partial desktop.

I NEED 1280x1024 for proper stereo viewing with 3d gasses.

Everything works fine through the analogue, but for obvious reasons, I would prefer digital.

Many thanks for any input in advance.

--RAGEdemon
What is the make\model of your projector?

RAGEdemon
06-08-04, 09:22 AM
Compaq MP2810 - there is no driver for it. I have tried the MP2800 driver which is basically the same thing, but no joy :(

DaedalusEH
06-08-04, 01:55 PM
Have you tried using powerstrip, this might solve your problem, it can detect almost every display, hopefully even projectors, and you can set easily custom resolutions. Check it out : www.entechtaiwan.com

RAGEdemon
06-08-04, 03:28 PM
I always have powerstrip installed, have been using it for years. I have even tried making a custom driver, which still does not work.

Windows installs all the drivers just fine, and even displays the correct name. Its the nVidia driver which keeps detecting every single install as a tft flat pannel :(

thequickad
06-16-04, 05:01 PM
It may also be windows lack of understanding of the projector's DVI resolution than the video card. You can test by using a flat panel with the DVI than the projector. Window has lots of built-in drivers for the flat panels but none for the projectors. Also, I just happen to have the Compaq INF file for MP2810 so if you would like to try it and see... send me your email address and I will attach the files for you.

RAGEdemon
06-16-04, 08:41 PM
Many thanks for the offer, but i have since then went back to analogue, and everyhting works well.

I had even tried installing the windows drivers for "1280x1024" and "1600x1200" drivers. If it was the windows understanding, these would have worked.

I do have the MP2800 inf, which is the exact same as the MP2810, the only difference being the increased luminocity of the bulb.

Thanks again for the offer,
--RAGEdemon

thequickad
06-16-04, 11:25 PM
On my other PC, I have the ATI Radeon 9800 Pro and the problem was the reversed where the adapter worked fine but Windows couldn't understand the projector as a DVI device until the INF files was corrected installed. Your sounded more like an nVidia problem as you have described. Too bad about the nVidia driver. :)