View Full Version : Giants Citizen Kabuto Enhancement?
10-18-02, 06:40 AM
is there any way to get the games graphics enhanced like the release that came with the Elsa Geforce 3. i wanna see all the other cool effects.
i hope so :cool:
10-18-02, 02:53 PM
10-19-02, 03:22 AM
Just what are the enhancements supposed to do. it didn't seem to do much when i installed em
10-19-02, 08:14 AM
Q: What are the improvements made in Giants Geforce 3 Version?
- Increase polygon count (use strips instead of lists)
- Increase texture resolution
- Add additional special effects (take advantage of 4 texture stages)
- Bumpy / Reflective Meccs
- Additional translucency effect on Sea Reapers
- Vertex shader motion blur on reapers
- Vertex and Pixel shader for Reflective bump the water
- Wet-shore effect using gloss map
- Vertex shader for undulating water geometry
- Higher tesselation of near-camera terrain for better lighting
- Improved texturing on terrain (bump, higher res, macro texture)
- Use vertex shader for shockwave effect
- More objects (rocks, trees, plants)
- 2-sided lighting on tree leaves
PenguinJim says :
Of course, you need a Geforce3 to get all these effects :D Does anyone know if they work with a Geforce4?
10-19-02, 08:18 AM
Here's a pic :)
10-19-02, 10:49 AM
Sweet! Thanks for the linkage PenguinJim. I've been wanting to see the added effects forever now. :)
the unofficial Q3 patch doesn't seem to do much.
10-22-02, 05:31 AM
i noticed about the same. it just seems to increase the texture quality and give me some texture issues with the water and stuff
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.