PDA

View Full Version : Gigabyte 6800 on pricewatch

quik0ne
06-09-04, 11:10 AM
Just ordered this from axiontech, called and was told it was in stock, though you can not order it from the web page. About 575.00 with shipping which was hard to swallow, but hey its only money :drooling: :screwy:

SH64
06-09-04, 11:19 AM
Great ! Whats the promised delivery date ?

AMC_Duke
06-09-04, 11:44 AM
well here in germany no ****ing store sell them i think i have the luck to wait for july :(

quik0ne
06-09-04, 11:58 AM
Monday is my delivery date atm. I'm hoping they are'nt yanking my chain, but this is my 4th order, i've cancelled 3 others from rowcal, gameve and gateway on the XT.

(mag)

Draxus
06-09-04, 12:16 PM
Well on their site next to availability it says "Special Order" which, when clicked, says

Special Order products are those which Axion does not stock in its warehouse but which may be ordered from one of our many vendors. Special Order products usually ship within a week or two from the date of purchase.

:(

vläd
06-09-04, 12:33 PM
Does anyone know the specs for the GigaByte GV-N68U256D? All that I can find are...

*GV-N68U256D
nVIDIA Geforce 6800 Ultra
256 MB
256 bit
AGP 8X
DDRIII 8Mx32
D-SUB - Y
TV-OUT - Y
DVI Port - Y
MultiView - Y
H/W Monitor - *N
Tools - V-Tuner II
GAME - 2
Software - Power DVD 5.0

quik0ne
06-09-04, 12:43 PM
yup, thats what the webpage says. You also cant order from the page, I had to call them to get a straight answer.

Draxus
06-09-04, 12:48 PM
Did they say how many they physically had?

quik0ne
06-09-04, 12:55 PM
No, they asked me how many I wanted though. I didn't think about asking, which in hindsight I wish i would have.

Arioch
06-09-04, 01:01 PM
No, they asked me how many I wanted though. I didn't think about asking, which in hindsight I wish i would have.

You should have bought them all - pulled out a loan for the amount if you had to. You could have made a killing on ebay!

:nana:

quik0ne
06-09-04, 01:04 PM
Yeah, that would have been good, other then the initial credit card bill which would have made my wife "really" happy. (aaa)

Arioch
06-09-04, 01:07 PM
Yeah, that would have been good, other then the initial credit card bill which would have made my wife "really" happy. (aaa)

Well if you would have bought here some woman-type shiny trinket with part of the profits she would forget all about that!

:tongue2:

quik0ne
06-09-04, 01:10 PM
Maybe a really shiney new motherboard or PC case. Oh, you mean like a ring, like the one I'm still paying for. :kill:

pkirby11
06-09-04, 01:14 PM
Gee, I only paid $565 and thats with tax and overnight shipping. I of course have to wait till the end of June to get mine, but it's worth the wait and I would rather not get ripped off. I am sorry I don't mean to offened any body but thats what these on-line retail companies are hoping. They know that you guys can't wait so they jack the price up on the few they can get a hold of. And then most don't even have them in stock. Ohh well, I will continue being a good patient liitle person and wait till the end of June. No way I am going to pay over street price for something I can get at street price a few weeks from now.

coldfirenj
06-09-04, 01:18 PM
Just called the company, whos website is down. They said they have none and that they are treating orders as first come first serve pre-orders.

quik0ne
06-09-04, 01:28 PM
Amazing , the different stories you get from different employees, well, I'm not cancelling my order again. :bash:

zoomy942
06-09-04, 01:49 PM
see, i am one of the guys waiting for the 6800GT or 6900 if its out.. but i am here to collect all the homeless video cards that get replaced by the new stuff. :) i'll happily give the lonely 5900's 5700's and ati's a place to live :)

quik0ne
06-09-04, 02:22 PM
:lame: Well the truth comes out, proof given in the email I just recieved.

Dear f'd over cust,
(*******@******** Customer No: ******)

We would like to inform you that the item you ordered is heavily back ordered at
this moment. We do not have any ETA date on this product since the product is on
shortage right now. Please contact us back at (***)***-**** or email me back if
you want to cancel the order or to ask any question regarding this order.

Thank you

so i guess its the waiting game now. I love supply issues with chips, this reminds me of the PS2 when it was released. So i'm going to wait it out unless I win the purchase rights of the egva extreme

pkirby11
06-09-04, 03:35 PM
Well, Newegg has the EVGA for auto notify again. Stating an ETA of 6/9/04. :) Guess they won't be making that ETA. And they jacked the price up to $589. That's just highway robbery, it's pathetic especially since I doubt they'll get the cards in till next week or later. EVGA from the sounds of it are swamped with orders. I am just going to stick with my PNY pre-order and if I can find one at retail sooner or I get picked for an Ultra EE from EVGA I am done looking for these. It's giving me a headache. :bash: Feels like someones doing that to me. :)