Fable - Xbox
Battlefield 2 - PC
Driv3r - PC
FEAR - PC
Ghost Recon 2 - PC
Splinter Cell 3 - PC

Games I'd love to see get a much deserved update
------------------------------------------------

Stuntcar Racer (Amiga) - Is Geoff Crammond still writing games ? Comeon Geoff, This could be potentionally awesome on today's hardware.

Elite - Why oh why, do we STILL not have a space trading game that matches the beauty of Elite ? Surely, it can't be that hard, can it ?

Alley Cat (Atari800) - A truly fantastic little game, that sees a tom cat try anything to get to his sweet heart. This game was just soo playable, and enjoyable, with great little touches of humour.

Ballblazer (Atari800/C64) - One of the Best futuristic sport games ever, that worked soo well. Simply get the ball in the opositions goal, anyway you can. Surely, someone can do a decent sequel ?

Speedball 2 (Amiga) - Awesome Bitmap Brothers futuristic violent sports title. This could be a superb remake. Leagues, online teams and leagues, Buy and sell players, great graphics and stadiums. But NOT in 3D. More a sort of psuedo from above, 3D.

Rescue on Fractalus (Atari800/C64) - One of the first games to actually put the skits up me. You never knew if it was one of them alien things, or one of your pilots. This could be a right scream fest, on today's hardware. Shame Lucas Arts, are a complete shadow of themselves.

Pyrotechnica (PC) - One of my favourite PC games ever. Quite simply, one of the finest inertia style games I've ever played. Pilot your craft through 3D levels that resemble a sort of rubiks cube from the inside. The game had no gravity, and you had to use inertia, to good effect, to get anywhere. Awesome music, if you had a AWE32 soundcard.

Smokey
06-09-04, 05:02 PM
The game I most want to see an update to, would be Rune.....maybe with the Unreal3 engine :drooling:

ClosetFanBoy
06-09-04, 06:35 PM
waiting on doom 3.

would like to see an update to shadow warrior and the blood series.

SH64
06-09-04, 07:11 PM
Thief or Alone In The Dark game that uses Doom3 engine :drooling:
like Thief 4 /AITD 5 .

i Like to see how Carmagaddon 4 will look like .. cant wait till 2005 !

& of course the the 3 henchmen .. D3-HL2-Stalker :D

saturnotaku
06-09-04, 10:42 PM
Shenmue 3!!!!

MUYA
06-09-04, 10:55 PM
Thief or Alone In The Dark game that uses Doom3 engine :drooling:

Absolutely Alone in the dark with Doom III engine! I reckon that would r0x0r5 everyines 50x0r5!

I loved the AITD series except 4 ..er hem

netviper13
06-10-04, 01:28 AM
Waiting on Doom III and Half Life 2 mainly; would like to see updates to the X-Wing and TIE-Fighter series (always enjoyed those back when I played them on our Macintosh Performa).

Edge
06-10-04, 01:39 AM
Mainly Half-life, STALKER, Halo 2, Mechassault 2, Resident Evil 4, and Ace Combat 5. I'd LOVE to see an update to System Shock, Fallout, or Panzer Dragoon though. And god damn it, we need another Dragon Force and Shining Force (a real one like the Saturn SF3, not all these crappy sidestories and rehashes).

NAZCA M12
06-10-04, 06:02 AM
The list posted by D.K.Tronics covers me pretty well with the exception of Black & white 2. I'd replace that with ICO 2 (whatever happened to it btw? haven't heard anything for quite a long time). A game i'd love to see on a state of the art engine would be The Dig, because although wonderful from an artistic point of view, it looked a tad too old and pixelated back in '96. I think a reworked Dig would be fantastic. :D

r2d2d3d4d5
06-10-04, 07:32 AM
Not necessarily in any order:
Doom 3
Final Fantasy XI European Edition
Serious Sam 2
Chaos Engine 1 3D (with very interactive floors/walls/etc)
Elite Massive Online RPG

D.K.Tronics
06-10-04, 07:43 AM
ICO 2

I would definately go with that, and as far as I know, there is going to be one.

A game i'd love to see on a state of the art engine would be The Dig, because although wonderful from an artistic point of view, it looked a tad too old and pixelated back in '96. I think a reworked Dig would be fantastic

I'd agree. But I doubt it will ever happen, especially since Lucas Arts canned Sam n Max 2, because they believe there isn't a market for it. Stupid Lucas Arts.
Have you tried playing The Dig, on SCUMMVM, with a software filter like HQ2 ? It does look pretty good, especially if you up the res.

Edge
06-10-04, 10:18 AM
I'd replace that with ICO 2 (whatever happened to it btw? haven't heard anything for quite a long time)

I believe it's still being developed, under the name NICO. Would be nice to see a new game in that series (well, hopefully to-become series, anyway), the one thing I didn't like about the first game was the way it ran at that silly half-resolution that a lot of early PS2 games ran at (either 640x240 or 320x480, can't remember which), really made the graphics muddy. Other than that the game was quite good, I'd love to see a sequel.

NAZCA M12
06-10-04, 04:17 PM
I'd agree. But I doubt it will ever happen, especially since Lucas Arts canned Sam n Max 2, because they believe there isn't a market for it. Stupid Lucas Arts.
Have you tried playing The Dig, on SCUMMVM, with a software filter like HQ2 ? It does look pretty good, especially if you up the res.

I know, i know. These days, Lucas Arts will do anything that has a Star Wars in front of it. I almost don't recongize them now. Never played The Dig on SCUMMVM btw. First time i hear about that HQ2 filter. I'll check this out. And thanks for the info on ICO 2 (Edge, you too). Last time i ever heard of it, i think it was in a 2 page scan of a Japanese advertisement, seeking more stuff or something like that, possibly more than a year ago. Good to know it's still on. :)

jAkUp
06-10-04, 04:39 PM
Waiting for PC:

GTA San Andreas
FEAR
Unreal 3
Mafia2
Duke Nukem Forever
Serious Sam 2
Splinter Cell 3
Doom3
Quake4
Half Life 2
Carmageddon 4
Driver 3
Battlefield 2
Stalker
Roller Coaster Tycoon 3
Max Payne 3
NBA Live 2005
NFS Underground 2
Far Cry Pixel Shader 3
Leisure Suit Larry, Magna Cum Laude
Painkiller Pixel Shader 3
and Flat out... I saw this game at E3.. and I was VERY impressed. The damage model is incredible.. you actually fly out of your car when you hit hard :D

http://images.gamezone.com/screens/21/2/34/s21234_pc_22.jpg http://images.gamezone.com/screens/21/2/34/s21234_pc_32.jpg

Would Like to see:

Stuntman make its way over to PC
Hitman 4
Rallisport Challenge 2 make its way over to PC
Another Destruction Derby
Another Descent
Another Rainbow 6
Lode Runner :)
Another Kings Quest
Soldier of Fortune 3 ;)

hamiko
06-10-04, 05:12 PM
umm most expected...uhh that would be...ummm...... nothing?

old games that I would like to see actually come out?

WHERE IS MY DUKE NUKEM 4EVER? WHERE?

yea... I am still waiting for it lol...I still remenber when they saiid back in 97' I think that dn4ever was going to use the quake engine, and some time after that I think they switched to UT engine and then switch back >_>, dunno can't remenber :D

Edge
06-11-04, 02:12 AM
Actually, I think Duke Nukem Forever originally used it's own custom-designed engine, then they moved to Quake, then they moved to Unreal, and since then they've been updating it as the Unreal engine progresses (they'll be up to Unreal Engine 4 by the time the game is released:D). But man, wouldn't it be impressive if it ended up being one of the first games to use the Unreal Engine 3! Well, can't hurt to dream, I guess ;)

PsychoSy
06-11-04, 06:15 AM
Sy's List O' Games that NEED a sequel for the millenium!!
------------------------------------------------------

10) Chakan: The Forever Man -- a vintage Sega Genesis title!

9) BlackThorn -- an old-school game from Interplay.

8) Out Of This World/Flashback/Fade To Black -- another old-school 3D game from Interplay.

7) Crusader: No Remorse/Regret, etc.

6) Punch-Out!!

5) Another "Shadowrun" RPG!

4) Killer Instinct

3) Golgo 13

2) BATTLETOADS!! :D

And the number one game I beleive needs an update or sequel is ...........

BIONIC COMMANDO!! :drooling:

Riptide
06-11-04, 09:22 AM
I would like to see the original Unreal re-released after being redone with the Unreal 3 engine. :D

r2d2d3d4d5
06-11-04, 11:49 AM
8) Out Of This World/Flashback/Fade To Black -- another old-school 3D game from Interplay.

ooohhh. ditto. I think I had I dream about an interchangeable 2d/3d game like this last weak. I think we need more fun puzzles in games. (p.s. I think you mean Another World though).

Also Grand Turismo 4.
edit//

doh. Another World (Europe) = Out of this World (US).
oops

SH64
06-11-04, 08:15 PM
Yeah i used to call it "Another World" . that was one hell of a game back then.

SH0DAN
06-13-04, 05:52 AM
Call of Cthullu

Vampire:Bloodlines

Doom III

Quake 4

Leisure Suit Larry, Magna Cum Laude

stuff I want:

System Shock 3 (with the d3 engine,and done by Irrational Games)

Starcraft 3

Sacrifice 2

Giants:Citizen Kabuto 2

Septerra Core 2

Baldurs Gate 3 (done with the same engine as the one used for BG2/the heck with 3d stuff)

Shenmue 3

edit 1 :

Heretic 3(doom3 engine) :)

Hexen 3(Doom3 engine again,of course) :)

a patch for Sanitarium and Planescape:Torment and Septerra Core which allows res upto 12x10

Blood 3

ElderScrolls 4 :)

Edge
06-13-04, 07:14 AM
Giants:Citizen Kabuto 2

Oooo, that might be a tough one, considering Giants developer Planet Moon Studios recently adopted a PSP-only stance. But hey, we can always hope that they'll come crawling back to the PC ;) (and consoles).

Raptorman
06-13-04, 09:56 AM
DOOM III
Giants: Citizen Kabuto 2
MechWarrior 5
Black & White 2
Halo 2
Starsiege: 2845
Armored Fist 4
Operation Flashpoint 2
Combat Flight Simulator 4

Games that need updates:
Jane's F/A-18
Jane's F-15
Jane's USAF
Jane's Longbow 2

bigC
06-13-04, 11:18 AM
Half-Life 2
Doom 3
STALKER
Quake 4
Star Wars - KOTR2: Sith Lords, Battlefront and Republic Commando

and i second SH0DAN's request for System Shock 3

CaptNKILL
06-13-04, 12:49 PM
Sy's List O' Games that NEED a sequel for the millenium!!
------------------------------------------------------

10) Chakan: The Forever Man -- a vintage Sega Genesis title!

9) BlackThorn -- an old-school game from Interplay.

7) Crusader: No Remorse/Regret, etc.

6) Punch-Out!!

5) Another "Shadowrun" RPG!

4) Killer Instinct

3) Golgo 13

2) BATTLETOADS!! :D

And the number one game I beleive needs an update or sequel is ...........

BIONIC COMMANDO!! :drooling:

I see we have VERY similar taste in games! Shadowrun, Flashback, Blackthorn, Crusader... amazing games. I just bought the Crusader Collection off ebay and ive been playing it on an old DOS computer i built. Its soo great. And ive got the Genesis and SNES roms for the Shadowrun games, and they are by far the best Cyber Punk RPG games ive played on any console, and deffinitely beat anything on PC. The only PC game that comes close is Deus Ex.

I read at the end of Shadowrun for SNES, during the ending scene "I"LL SEE YOU IN SHADOWRUN 2!!!"..... god damn bastards mentioned it in their game and never made it.

Me wants my shadowrun 2 :cry: