PDA

View Full Version : MOHAA & 56.72 drivers

SH64
06-09-04, 09:02 PM
Ok i installed MOHAA on my 5950U PC with the 56.72 drivers . the game run but only with black & white triangles & corrupted textures .

is there a fix for that ? is it the drivers ?? what should i do to play it correctly ?

OWA
06-09-04, 09:45 PM
Does it happen on any level or only a particular one or what? It seems to run fine on my 5900U using the 61.32 drivers but I'm pretty sure I ran it with various 5x.xx drivers without any problems as well.

I'm running version 1.11 and don't have Spearhead currently installed (although I usually do).

saturnotaku
06-09-04, 11:42 PM
You have to make sure you enable the extension limit in the advanced properties of the Forceware drivers. For whatever reason, NVIDIA cards support too many OpenGL extensions and this can cause some OpenGL games to act strangely. I had this problem with Oni and the MOHAA demos - enabling the extension limit caused those issues to go away.

SH64
06-10-04, 06:02 AM
You have to make sure you enable the extension limit in the advanced properties of the Forceware drivers. For whatever reason, NVIDIA cards support too many OpenGL extensions and this can cause some OpenGL games to act strangely. I had this problem with Oni and the MOHAA demos - enabling the extension limit caused those issues to go away.

How do i enable the extension limit ? its grayed & i cant move the slider ?

Mullins1060
06-10-04, 06:30 AM
it sounds like the install was fault, copy accross the pak files from the discs manually into the correct folders and it should sort it.

saturnotaku
06-10-04, 08:35 AM
How do i enable the extension limit ? its grayed & i cant move the slider ?

You need to load up an application profile that has in enabled already. The X29 one does, then re-save it for MOHAA.

SH64
06-10-04, 09:53 AM
Ok i tried enabling the extenstion limit , but dosent work .
& when applied patch 1.11 .. i could not even get in the level .. i get an error msg before the map loading is complete , then back to desktop .

i know it looks to be corrupted files or something .. but the installation was running without a hitch !
besides i already played the game year ago with these CDs & everything was fine .

something must be wrong but i dont have the time to check for it ..
i think i'll switch to CoD then !

the whole MOHAA story came into my mind when i was watching "Saving Private Ryan" the other day which gave me the spirit to replay the game :D

& thanks for the help guys! :)