PDA

View Full Version : Abreviated game titles

sytaylor
06-10-04, 09:12 AM
Does anyone else find themselves refering to Medal of Honour Allied assault as "MOHAHAHAHA" verbally? or Return to Castle Wolfenstine as "Rtquwuh"? Also i find myself calling Soldier of Fortune games "Soff"

Is this just me or do more people do it? The other day I actually said to someone when asked if the burgers were from Asda (wallmart) I said "IIRC yeah". :retard:

MUYA
06-10-04, 09:16 AM
not me..u are just weird Sy and lazy ...let the words roll of yer toungue ;)

ragejg
06-10-04, 09:36 AM
I say "Mohaa", and "ArrTeeSeeDoubleYou", and when something bad happens I say "doubleyou tee eff"... (crazy):p ...oh, and "STFU" as well... hee hee...

Sazar
06-10-04, 09:57 AM
Does anyone else find themselves refering to Medal of Honour Allied assault as "MOHAHAHAHA" verbally? or Return to Castle Wolfenstine as "Rtquwuh"? Also i find myself calling Soldier of Fortune games "Soff"

Is this just me or do more people do it? The other day I actually said to someone when asked if the burgers were from Asda (wallmart) I said "IIRC yeah". :retard:

you have issue's :eek:

lol lmao and rotf-lmao

/me walks away

GlowStick
06-10-04, 10:13 AM
No, but i do refer to Return to Castle Wolfenstein as "Wolf"

Edge
06-10-04, 10:22 AM
I don't know of anyone that doesn't call the new Star Wars game Ko Tor, it's just so much easier to say that than "Knights of the Old Republic". Or GTA rather than Grand Theft Auto, or sometimes CS and NS rather than Counter Strike and Natural Selection. Screw proper grammar, efficiency all the way, baby!

stncttr908
06-10-04, 10:56 PM
I say abbreviated terms such as WTF in an attempt to be witty sometimes, but never a game.

Clay
06-10-04, 11:06 PM
I think any of us that work in the computer industry can relate to the fact that we speak in acronyms a good percentage of the day. :) I'm no phoneticist but I pronounce quite a few acronyms as if they were words.

|JuiceZ|
06-11-04, 12:29 AM
My brother runs around hollering "ROFL!" all the time, pronounced "roffle" :lol:

sytaylor
06-11-04, 02:58 AM
I'm not the only one then, it just seems I have it worst than most :p

SH64
06-11-04, 03:51 AM
Yeah why not ? we are in the speed & IT's age . :D
when some one tells me a joke .. instead of laughing i just tell him " iLL O iLL" :p

same for games :
FC
Pk (Painkiller) :p
C4 (Carmaggadon 4)
POP
D3
HL2
St (Stalker ?? hehe)
MOHAA
MOHPA
CoD
CoD:UO

& so the list goes ..

sytaylor
06-11-04, 05:52 AM
I know most of the games you listed without brackets.. So I guess it goes to show we're all abv. nuts ;)

nrdstrm
06-11-04, 06:49 PM
Hah...never actually thought of this. But yeah, I say "SWG" and "EQ", "EQ2" all the time...lol
Nrdstrm

Greg
06-12-04, 10:19 AM
I recall first using 'usenet' before the web became popular and everyone was talking about MOO, which I soon found meant Master Of Orion. It was certainly a game worth talking about though cows still come to mind.

eL_PuSHeR
06-13-04, 03:18 AM
Excessive use of acronyms seems lazy to me and may lead to misunderstandings.... :ORDER:

Edge
06-13-04, 03:39 AM
Excessive use of acronyms seems lazy to me and may lead to misunderstandings.... :ORDER:

Wtf? U R silly, acronyms R gr8 4 typing shorter sentances, lol omg.

(sorry, just had to do it)

revbatboy
06-15-04, 09:06 AM
Dont Forget PNUS