PDA

View Full Version : nvidia manufacturer's etchic

Bernard
06-11-04, 12:51 AM
Dear all, why do u think nvidia's partner manufacturer came out with the XT models...anyway? They are trying to confuse us the consumer with the ATI Radeon's XT...series? I nearly bought one FX 5600 XT and didn't know that it was a 64 bit memory interface and would be even worst than a FX 5200.

I almost bought the FX5600 XT. Luckily after some searching in the wonderful world of internet, I only learnt about it. And I think those manufacturer's marketing guys should not mislead consumers. Even the local shop dealer my area don't realise the difference of technology, they only tell you its good. Good for their business rite... They should not position the product in such way and confuse consumers. At the end Nvidia will suffer their reputation & creditbility. If the product is 64 bit say lah the product is so, don't keep us consumers misleaded and confuse. Its not nice to do so, we are much more resourceful now with the internet and cannot the fool so easily.

I think ATI did a better job in setting the GPU's standard for the gamers. But being a loyal fan of Nvidia, I'm still reluctant to buy ATI's GPU. Now I'm searching the web for info on the FX 5700. You guys know any site's besides Xbits-lab and Tom's hardware that have some good reviews for the FX 5700.

Anyhow take care and best wishes to you all.

zakelwe
06-11-04, 12:55 AM
Well, you'd be better off with an XT, a 5900XT . I know the 5600XT is not so good, but the 5900XT is really really good.

:)

Regards

Andy

MUYA
06-11-04, 12:57 AM
Yes and u are forgeting that its the repsonsibilty of AIB's to clearly state on the packaging what the card inside is and NOT NVIDIAs. Its not NV's fault that sometimes ppl don't read the labels or the AIB's only have small print.

zakelwe
06-11-04, 12:58 AM
Yes and u are forgeting that its the repsonsibilty of AIB's to clearly state on the packaging what the card inside is and NOT NVIDIAs. Its not NV's fault that sometimes ppl don't read the labels or the AIB's only have small print.

And the price normally gives a clue ....

Regards

Andy

Bernard
06-11-04, 01:08 AM
Yes I know its not nVidia's fault. They are trying their best to give us the best product they can. I salute them for that. nVidia is still my 1st choice but as a consumer, we spend our hard earn money on value and is the product worth it or not ...rite.

I know about the FX5900 XT but its out of my budget, so that's why i'm considering the FX5700. Its quite good actually without turning the AA & AF on though, but I feel its not much of an issue. My only concern is for it to run my games that all, I am a gamer not too worry about the quality image and stuff.

As I've seen good quality image games but not much of a quality to play....hehehe.
And good games with good solid story line but image is so...so. But you still enjoy the game. Jusu like women, some so pretty & sexy but atittude not so good, but some wonderful women are just simply and nice person.

Take it easy and be well.

MUYA
06-11-04, 01:27 AM
Sorry ...lunch time and I didn't read your posts correctly. I agree that it's the AIB's fault for not proper labelling and NV should maybe come down hard on AIB's for mis-labeled packages...or some form of trade authority

blueworm
06-11-04, 01:33 AM
The 5900XT costs as little as 189 EURO. About 10 EURO more than a 5700U.

Bernard
06-11-04, 02:04 AM
You guys are lucky, ours here the FX5900 XT cost around RM 850.00 to RM 1000.00.
And the FX5700 U cost around RM 730.00 to RM 799.00. But the FX5700 (non ultra) is about RM 550.00 to RM 650.00.

Quite lot of money. nVidia should stop them for even coming out with the XT.... But its too late now. I guess its just a business ecthic as like I said even to shop dealer are confuse and compare it with the ATI's XT or the Dealer himself is trying to cheat me. Anyway I posted this because he was trying to sell me a Abit FX 5600XT for RM550.00. A price of a FX 5700 ....? Imagine. But elsewhere I also did experince from another shop selling Asus V9560XT for RM 610.00.

Nv40
06-11-04, 02:10 AM
you need to be very carefull about what IHV or AIB partners marketing says... and investigate first. otherwise you might end with something diferent of what you bought..

take a look a this..
according to this marketing the x800 support shader model3. :)

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=6331&stc=1

mikechai
06-11-04, 02:32 AM
You guys are lucky, ours here the FX5900 XT cost around RM 850.00 to RM 1000.00.
And the FX5700 U cost around RM 730.00 to RM 799.00. But the FX5700 (non ultra) is about RM 550.00 to RM 650.00.

Quite lot of money. nVidia should stop them for even coming out with the XT.... But its too late now. I guess its just a business ecthic as like I said even to shop dealer are confuse and compare it with the ATI's XT or the Dealer himself is trying to cheat me. Anyway I posted this because he was trying to sell me a Abit FX 5600XT for RM550.00. A price of a FX 5700 ....? Imagine. But elsewhere I also did experince from another shop selling Asus V9560XT for RM 610.00.

What is your budget?
If less than RM500, I think a 128bit bus 5700LE is your best bet.
Check the timing of the ram chips to have an idea about mem overclocking potential.

Between RM500 and RM700, I don't see a good price/performance ratio NV card.

Next up is of course the 5900XT, as mentioned already many times, is an excellent card. You could get it at about RM7xx, if you don't mind a 2nd hand card....

MUYA
06-11-04, 03:50 AM
you need to be very carefull about what IHV or AIB partners marketing says... and investigate first. otherwise you might end with something diferent of what you bought..

take a look a this..
according to this marketing the x800 support shader model3. :)

In all honesty the exhibitor did remove or at least put a scotch tape over the mistake. That wasn't a package btw so it wasn't relevant to the discussion.

ChrisRay
06-11-04, 05:02 AM
What was that anyway? Something at e3? I dont see a a "Mistake" as false advertisement. I completely agree with you Muya.

rewt
06-11-04, 05:32 AM
but was it really a mistake? i could see ATi doing something like this just to make people wanna buy their card instead of nVidia's... i mean ATi has already tried to decieve the public about their card's filtering methods (who knows what else)... I'm sure you are all aware of what happened there.

ChrisRay
06-11-04, 07:11 AM
but was it really a mistake? i could see ATi doing something like this just to make people wanna buy their card instead of nVidia's... i mean ATi has already tried to decieve the public about their card's filtering methods (who knows what else)... I'm sure you are all aware of what happened there.

I'm usually prone to give anyone the benefit of doubt, to be honest. I really doubt they intentionally lied to us in their marketing.

MUYA
06-11-04, 07:36 AM
The exhibition was IIRC from ASUS, if anyone is to be blamed...for slopyness (sic?) it should be ASUS.

Edit : doh! pictures confirms it's Asus ;)

jbirney
06-11-04, 09:21 AM

:screwy:

euan
06-11-04, 10:17 AM

Yes magically this X800 had shader model 3, yet the other X800 boards next to it was mysteriously just "Direct X 9 supported". Or something to that accord.

MUYA
06-11-04, 10:25 AM
Lets get this thread back to it's original purpose as the typo error has been clarified ok? Thanks

Dazz
06-11-04, 10:25 AM
Well the Radeon's can run shader 3.0 it's just mostly software compatible.

euan
06-11-04, 10:26 AM
Well the Radeon's can run shader 3.0 it's just mostly software compatible.

Can you back that up with a link?

Or are you refering to the shader 1.0 and 2.0 subsets of 3.0?

Dazz
06-11-04, 10:28 AM
SM3.0 can do less work while SM2.0 has to do multiple passes as such makes it run also slower then an HW based SM3.0 card. PS1.0 cards can't emitate SM3.0.

MUYA
06-11-04, 10:29 AM
Hello back to NV Manufacturer's Ethics pls.

CaptNKILL
06-11-04, 02:48 PM
Can you say hijacked? :D

Edited by MUYA : Not any more ;)