PDA

View Full Version : FX 5900 corrupted bios - Help needed

DoS
06-11-04, 11:32 AM
:retard:
Damn, i always seem to make mistakes cause i am too hasty...
I was trying to flash my Albatron FX5900 (256 Mb Turbo - QV) and instead of flashing the ROM i erased...then i had that great idea of rebooting :screwy: and now of course the card acts dead. I tried to boot with a PCI card (this had worked before) with no luck (boot init priority to PCI device). I tried on another comp, the same prob and then finally i managed to boot into DOS with a third computer (that board was a Gigabyte KT600-based) and a Matrox Mystique PCI card. The problem is NVFlash and WFFlash are reporting that no NVidia card can be found on the system and won't let me flash. I tried the override switches with no luck...
There has to be a way to flash a 5900 card which Bios has been erased ! somebody ? heelp

Ripcord
06-11-04, 12:18 PM
you can try using the -j switch so it would be
nvflash -p -u -j -f biosname.rom

it may not work but ive had sucess with it on a erased bios before (you are suposed to ground a pin on the bios chip but i dont know what one thats why it may not work but it has worked for me without grounding the pin)

DoS
06-11-04, 12:57 PM
Thanx for the help. I tried using the -p -u -j switches without any success. I read about grounding a pin in nvflash help but i have no idea which pin to ground and furthermore the heatsink on the albatron card covers half of the bios chip so...
damn i can't believe i am loosing a card i paid 300 euros 6 months ago (after also loosing an 9800 pro while changing heatsinks)
:kill:

jimmor
06-11-04, 04:36 PM
Thanx for the help. I tried using the -p -u -j switches without any success. I read about grounding a pin in nvflash help but i have no idea which pin to ground and furthermore the heatsink on the albatron card covers half of the bios chip so...
damn i can't believe i am loosing a card i paid 300 euros 6 months ago (after also loosing an 9800 pro while changing heatsinks)
:kill:

If you only got it 6 months ago, then fortunately it is still under warranty -----> so send it back for fix or replacement !!!

DoS
06-11-04, 04:56 PM
If you only got it 6 months ago, then fortunately it is still under warranty -----> so send it back for fix or replacement !!!

i ll try that