PDA

View Full Version : Unbelieveable. ATI fanboys roasted me

Pages : [1] 2

Mesce
06-12-04, 09:05 AM
I am quite new to this forum but i have been on another forum for quite a long time. Anyway i came across a 6800 gt v's x800 pro , on a japenese review site. (Found it somewhere could of picked it up from here) Anyway i posted it and I received terrible Biased because of it, I couldn't believe my eyes when I read some of the replies and it made me think, Fanboyism is becoming at lot like a bad rascist/predjudis (cant spell it) group. I am not advertising the web-site or anything put have a look at what they said. Click here (http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/showthread.php?t=109271)

At least i can come back to this forum and not recieve anything like what i did there.

SH64
06-12-04, 09:22 AM
Rest assured that in nvnews.net the Admin, Mods & members do not encourage fanboyism of any kind. :)
here you will find some intellegent & usefull conversations & unbiased opionions about video cards & whats related to that topic .

have fun & be sure to check the main page everyday for hot daily news about everything you need to know about hardware/software subjects. :D

Clay
06-12-04, 09:30 AM
I am quite new to this forum but i have been on another forum for quite a long time. Anyway i came across a 6800 gt v's x800 pro , on a japenese review site. (Found it somewhere could of picked it up from here) Anyway i posted it and I received terrible Biased because of it, I couldn't believe my eyes when I read some of the replies and it made me think, Fanboyism is becoming at lot like a bad rascist/predjudis (cant spell it) group. I am not advertising the web-site or anything put have a look at what they said. Click here (http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/showthread.php?t=109271)

At least i can come back to this forum and not recieve anything like what i did there.
Thanks for the kind words (and common sense I might add). It's refreshing to hear people state the truth. A few small birds chirp about how we repress any anti-NV/pro-ATI statements or opinions. That simply is not true here (as you just illustrated). Do we stand for blatant flaming fanboys, no. Do we stand for people having civil discussions from varying perspectives, you better believe we do. :)

EDIT: BTW, I didn't read that thread you linked to. Just commenting on your other thoughts.

Sgt_Pitt
06-12-04, 09:31 AM
i read that thread and they didnt really roast you, except for 1 or 2 people which shouldnt reflect on the forums or everyone else that responded to you in a polite manner.

ragejg
06-12-04, 09:34 AM
Yeh, that's nuthin'... :p

Try takin those statements to a pro-ATI MOHAA or IL-2 clan forum... THEN you'd see misdirected fanboyism in action... :p

Riptide
06-12-04, 09:34 AM
To me, this generation is so close overall that I don't understand how anyone from either camp could get their panties up in a wad over it. :confused:

Drumphil
06-12-04, 09:38 AM
heh, thats nothing specific to the ATI crowd.. Thats just fanboys in general.. You are on the intarweb after all. And the other guys tried to pull the fanboys into line.. Thats how things work here too. Its a bit harsh writing off the whole forum because a few people there were acting like fanboys.. What are you gunna do next time someone here does the same thing.

Anyway, there is only one guy arguing with you in that thread as far as I can see. What about the rest of them backing you up?? They don't look like such a bad bunch to me. They might not all agree with you, but I only see one fanboy there.

Mesce
06-12-04, 09:45 AM
It isn't that the forums are bad. They are very useful, it is jus that it is divided into 3 groups. NVidia fanboys that are less violent and abusive, The ATI fanboys who need no introduction and last but not least the great performance people who go for whatever card is the fastest.

Edit: that forum is a great forum, just the odd people

Drumphil
06-12-04, 09:48 AM
that goes for every forum on the intarweb.. Fanboys are just fanboys... Nvidia, ATI, whatever.. There is nothing magical about nvidia fanboys that makes them less stupid or annoying that fanboys for ATI, or anything else for that matter. Join a car forum and watch battles between nissan and honda fanboys.. Join a trainspotting forum and witness the battles between steam and diesel fanboys..

OWA
06-12-04, 09:57 AM
I'd agree for the most part except for a couple of "extreme" ATI fanboys that give the whole group a bad name, er, a worse name.

luka
06-12-04, 10:12 AM
Does 6800 GT have 16 pipes?

Clay
06-12-04, 10:14 AM
IIRC, yes it does. The 6800 has 12 pipes.

SH64
06-12-04, 10:14 AM

Yes.

Lfctony
06-12-04, 10:28 AM
You have 2 ears. Enter through the one, out through the other. I think you are able to judge yourself which posts to consider and which not to.

Sazar
06-12-04, 10:31 AM

ja...

stncttr908
06-12-04, 10:50 AM
I think the more informed and more tolerant people tend to reside here.

Rollo
06-12-04, 01:29 PM
Try posting that you own and use a 5800U and see what you get...
;)

Ooops- I mean "ATI is teh roxor! Remember the internal Kyro2 document of 1998?!?!? And when nVidia bought 3dfx?!!?"

LOL

Pandora's Box
06-12-04, 01:39 PM
extremeoverclocking.com? hah thats nothing. try rage3d.com

Arioch
06-12-04, 01:46 PM
These vocal and annoying "fanboys" are in the minority on places like this and other sites. Unfortunately those are the people who's comments we remember the most.

Makaveli_786
06-12-04, 01:48 PM
Man its sad when things like that happen, I dont see why people cant keep an open mind to things, its like theyr trying to gun you down if they disagree with you, just ignorant.

Im new to this froum and im hoping the people here are open minded because ive been to some forums where the fanboys let their undying love for something cloud their better judgement and facts.

luka
06-12-04, 03:38 PM
Well, 6800 GT should be a good deal. I hope they make it with 256MB on board. I think 6800 GT can overclock to 6800Ultra speed...

zakelwe
06-12-04, 05:38 PM
They did not roast you.

Ati fanatics cannot roast anything, they are fat and lazy after Ati being at the top since the 9700. Meanwhile we are battle hardened thanks to HB and DW and Mini HB's that seem to come over here....

I have posted a reply and hope he takes up the gauntlett.

Regards

Andy

hordaktheman
06-12-04, 05:44 PM
I think the more informed and more tolerant people tend to reside here.

Now, there's a funny one!

Speaking of gay marriages....

Clay
06-12-04, 10:01 PM
Now, there's a funny one!

Speaking of gay marriages....
Ha! Tolerant != easily swayed or agreeable ;)

Rollo
06-12-04, 10:17 PM
MaxPower:
Your avatar is teh roxor. I loved that helper monkey episode.