PDA

View Full Version : Wireless LAN and On-line gaming

Daelemans_G
10-18-02, 01:53 PM
Hi All,

Long-time lurker... I was hoping some folks out there had some valuable experience they would like to share....

I'm facing the banishment of my PC to a far corner of the house which doesn't have convenient access to the cable modem (and other computer). Therefore, I'm contemplating going wireless.

The question is this: Who out there has experience gaming with Wireless access to their router/cable modem? Any increased latency or reduced reliability? Since I run on-line races in leagues and I just purchased UT2k3, I couldn't stomach random drop-outs or excessive latency. I'm bad enough at UT as it is... ;)

Thanks in Advance!!!

Hunter32
10-19-02, 08:07 PM
I have a wireless set up upstairs in my house for my son. I have played ut2k3 and america's army without any problems. In fact I couldn't tell the difference between wired or wireless.

The Baron
10-19-02, 08:29 PM
As long as the signal is OK, you'll be fine.

I have wireless, and some computers have issues with it--those that are lengthways across the house, are subject to insane EM radiation, and are blocked by El Giganto Sofa (which for whatever reason wreaks havoc on my 802.11b network).

Other than that, it's basically Ether.

Daelemans_G
10-20-02, 09:05 AM
Cool...thanks for the feedback guys!