PDA

View Full Version : Hurry Nvidia

Sgt_Pitt
06-14-04, 06:26 AM
Whats the go over at the nVidia website, they dont mention much about the 6800, theres no drivers supporting it (only dodgy leaks), theres no tech demos like Nalu or the sailing ship. Ive had my card for 2 weeks now and im getting impatient. Bah hurry up and do something nVidia, support your new card !!

Evildeus
06-14-04, 06:36 AM
They are a bit in hurry ATM it seems :(

Morrow
06-14-04, 07:01 AM
Something will happen this or the latest next week... patience my jedi :)

shinrai
06-14-04, 07:28 AM
I gotta say they definitely don't have their house in order. I know we are all impatient but given time they nv40 chipset will be a winner, i think.

Ruined
06-14-04, 08:15 AM
I can sense they want to do it right this time. They are probably waiting to the last possible minute to release drivers that give the biggest perf boost.

saturnotaku
06-14-04, 08:44 AM
I can sense they want to do it right this time. They are probably waiting to the last possible minute to release drivers that give the biggest perf boost.

I noticed a post in the FW driver forums that says more recent drivers released to testers fix the problems related to Far Cry. I hope they get leaked sometime soon.

revbatboy
06-14-04, 08:56 AM
At least you have the cart :(

DSC
06-14-04, 08:58 AM
I know of 3 higher version number drivers, 61.50, mentioned by Shadermark's developer in B3D forums, 61.51 mentioned by AnteP in the Drivers forum here and 61.60 mentioned by 991060 in this very forum. Hurry up and leak them, someone. :drooling:

SmuvMoney
06-14-04, 12:05 PM

Wouldn't it be better to have official drivers on the site that support the 6800 now that they look like they might be shipping and are trickling into retail distribution? I am thinking of buying a 6800 GT or NU in the near/immediate future. However, I won't even start seriously looking until I see some official WHQL drivers on nV's web site that support the 6800 series. I'm not a fan of beta drivers for general use (read: non-testing end user) and nV's in particular; I had a beta Detonator set bork a Win2K OS a few years back. Suffice it to say, I don't feel any urge to take chances on beta drivers. I do enough QA and beta testing at work. :)

kev13dd
06-14-04, 06:35 PM
I like how we have to say "I hope they are leaked soon" instead of "hope they are realeased soon". Kinda says something don't it

K