PDA

View Full Version : Any Noticable Difference Between XFX and BFG 6800 Ultra's???

y2jdmbfan
06-14-04, 05:03 PM
I managed to get one of the XFX's from NewEgg, even though it is gonna cost me $599, but I just got a new job, so I figured what the hell. From what I can tell, both the XFX, eVGA, and BFG all look like reference boards. Do you think there will be any noticable difference between the cards? I've decided to jump back to nVidia for this round since my Radeon 9700 Pro isn't cutting it anymore and wanted to see what nVidia has to offer. Anyone interested in a 9700 Pro? LOL... Anyways, I'm hoping to keep the XFX 6800 Ultra along with the P4 3.2E I just picked up, it runs hot, but I rip movies and MP3's alot, until I get alot of money to upgrade to BTX, DDR-2, LGA775 and PCI-E in a few months down the road...The XFX 6800 Ultra will be here tomorrow, newegg's shipping got messed up and it didn't ship Friday even though I paid extra, but I called and it should be here tomorrow...Just making sure I'm not making a wrong move with the XFX...

Y2J

grimreefer
06-14-04, 05:04 PM
i dont think theres a difference.
both are reference

sonyman
06-14-04, 05:06 PM
i dont think theres a difference.
both are reference
Both have reference cooling, but the core on the BFG GeForce 6800 Ultra is clocked 25MHz higher by default. BFG also has a better warranty and support.

Scott

grimreefer
06-14-04, 05:14 PM
Both have reference cooling, but the core on the BFG GeForce 6800 Ultra is clocked 25MHz higher by default. BFG also has a better warranty and support.

Scott
yea, but i bet the xfx can overclock to that amount as well.

Nandro
06-14-04, 05:35 PM
Any idea when the gainward golden sample will be available? I dont see any mention of it on their usa website.

Caliche
06-14-04, 05:59 PM
Any idea when the gainward golden sample will be available? I dont see any mention of it on their usa website.

from what I heard, it could be here the end of this week or next month. Getting different responsed from different resellers. I see that everybody is ordering a 800XT and that is all fine and dandy, becz when I get my Gainward card, I setting that ATI boat on fire.

Caliche

nvnews-reader
06-14-04, 06:37 PM

Scott

I thought the BFG had water cooling. I don't think its reference.

BFG ownz :D

kahloq
06-14-04, 06:40 PM
I thought the BFG had water cooling. I don't think its reference.

BFG ownz :D

BFG offers a bundle to get bfg 6800 ultra OC with a water block.......but they also have air cooled 6800 ultra OC's as well. They arent doing preorders for the aircooled on their site to allow their partner resellers to do so.